Role: Head of University Partnerships
Salary: Competitive rate
Location: Manchester Office/Home-based
The Head of University Partnerships will have both strategic and operational ownership of NCUK’s University Partner relations, building long term trusted relationships through excellent stakeholder engagement and networking. The role will focus on management of the existing university partner network as well as the strategic development of new partnerships.
The role will work across the Business Development, Academic, Marketing and Student Support teams to provide accurate reporting to our stakeholders, driving performance to support the achievement of university partnership targets and KPIs.
Your job description does not define or limit your duties and you may be required to carry out other work within your abilities, either for your professional development or the business needs.
Over time the nature of the job may change. Consequently, NCUK will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult with the job holder at the appropriate time.
- Lead the development of NCUK’s Global University Partnerships Strategy.
- Strategically manage and develop NCUK’s existing university partnerships, building strong relationships with key contacts at each partner institution.
- Develop Strategic Partnership Plans for key partner institutions, establishing appropriate targets and KPIs supported by relevant operational activity to maximise outcomes.
- Develop bespoke plans for each partner institution to ensure the achievement of agreed targets and KPIs. Continually monitoring the pipeline and progress against these targets, and driving activity across teams within the organisation to meet these objectives.
- Identify target institutions for partnerships around the world, developing and delivering partnerships against agreed targets.
- Ensure effective partnership implementation and onboarding across NCUK’s teams and delivery partner network.
- Work to identify further opportunities for business development with current University Partners, working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead on the renewal of existing university partnership agreements.
- Ensure retention and high satisfaction of University Partners through effective relationship development and management.
- Work with Marketing and other relevant teams to develop marketing plans and create materials to promote NCUK partnerships to students, parents, schools, colleges/universities, and other agencies where appropriate, including the production of digital media for use on the website and social media channels.
- Establish external networks relevant to NCUK’s strategic plans, representing and promoting NCUK for further business development.
- Lead on the development and implementation of internal processes and policies relevant to university partnership development and operations.
- Advocate University Partner needs/issues cross-departmentally and support internal teams in ensuring the smooth delivery of relevant services for University Partners.
- Maintain an oversight of the external environment including policy developments, legislative change, and the opportunities which these provide for NCUK
- Prepare reports and deliver presentations to communicate strategy, plans, progress and performance to internal stakeholders, including the Senior Leadership Team.
- Build and maintain a high performing university partnerships team, which consistently delivers against agreed objectives and targets, engaging positively with teams across the organisation.
- Represent NCUK at relevant industry events and with external stakeholders, developing the organisation’s profile within the sector and supporting organisational objectives.
- Work within the allocated budget and assist the University Partnerships and Placement Director in setting, evaluating, and managing the annual budget.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the status of the post, as deemed necessary.
Qualifications & Skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification
- Postgraduate degree or Professional Sales, Account Management or Marketing qualification
- Substantial experience of customer relationship management
- Demonstrable experience of developing strategy and delivering targets within agreed timeframes
- Experience of working within international higher education and transnational education; strong understanding of international student recruitment dynamics and challengesDemonstrable experience of effective negotiation, including identifying, developing, and closing commercial agreements
- A proven track record in leading, delivering and operationalising initiatives with a strong customer service and results focus
- Evidence of preparing and presenting business cases/proposals/tenders and reports
- Experience of working with university decision makers and senior level client management
- Experience at senior management level, including staff development
- Outcomes-focused, and target oriented within both operational and sales activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the confidence and diplomacy to approach and influence people at all levels of seniority and build high-trust relationships
- Excellent multi-tasker, with ability to solve problems and adjust priorities
- Detail-oriented and analytical, with ability to analyse and present data and identify new opportunities
- Resilient and positive person with the ability to drive the function internally and externally
- Strong understanding of higher education systems including the UK and other key locations
- Strong understanding of the needs and challenges of students seeking an international qualification
- Strong team player
- Leader who inspires trust, with drive to develop team and build an inclusive working environment across distributed settings
- Understanding of awarding body functions and products, including processes around academic qualification recognition and articulation
How to apply
In order to apply for this role, you must have an account with ‘The PIE Jobs‘. Once you have signed up/logged in, please click here and upload your CV and a Cover Letter clearly explaining your interest and suitability for the role, along with confirmation of your availability. Successful candidates will be contacted directly.
Application Deadline: Thursday 21 April 2022
Please note: Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancies if suitable candidates are found.