The NCUK English Language Test, with optional English language preparation courses, is designed for international students seeking a proof of English for visa purposes. It provides an all-inclusive solution for students and universities by oﬀering a fast, reliable, quality-assured testing service.
Why become a Test Centre?
- Online test formally aligned to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- English Language Preparation Course with full academic content
- Recognised by a wide range of universities
- Results within 3-5 days
- Flexible packages to suit your needs
- Access to NCUK’s University Applications Service
What are the Requirements to Become a Test Centre?
As the NCUK English Language Test is delivered online, test security is of paramount importance. Test Centres must meet NCUK’s accreditation requirements which includes having the necessary technical facilities available, having the capacity to invigilate each test, and adhering to NCUK’s quality assurance policies.
Additional requirements will be needed to deliver the NCUK English Language Preparation Courses, such as:
- English language teacher, CELTA or an equivalent Level 5 qualification (Trinity TESOL) and 1-year post-qualification teaching experience.
- A classroom which is located away from the test room
Which Universities Accept the Test?
The NCUK English Language Test is recognised for entry at the following NCUK universities:
- Aston University
- University of Birmingham
- University of Bradford
- University of Bristol
- University of Central Lancashire (UCLan)
- University of Huddersfield
- Keele University
- University of Kent
- Kingston University London
- University of Leeds
- Leeds Beckett University
- Liverpool John Moores University
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Queen Mary University of London
- University of Salford
- The University of Sheffield
- Sheffield Hallam University
It is also recognised for entry by the following universities:
- University of Bath
- University of Chichester
- Cranfield University
- Durham University
- University of Dundee
- University of East Anglia
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- Harper Adams University
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Hull
- University of Lincoln
- University of Liverpool
- Loughborough University
- University of Nottingham
- Oxford Brookes University
- St Mary’s University
- Staffordshire University
- University of Sunderland
- University of Wales, Trinity Saint David
- UWE Bristol: University of the West of England
- University for the Creative Arts
How to Become a Test Centre
If you would like to find out more information about becoming a Test Centre and offering the preparation course, please complete the enquiry form below and a member of our dedicated Market Development teams will get back to you.