Register for the NCUK English Language Test
- Are you planning to study abroad this year?
- Do you need a proof of English Language test for visa purposes?
- Have you completed your university application and received conditional offers based on English language proficiency?
The NCUK English Language Test is a fast, reliable, quality-assured proof of English language test that will help you get to university.
About the test
The NCUK English Language Test is a computer-based test that assesses the four key components of the English language: reading, writing, speaking, and listening. For more information about the test, click here.
Why should I choose the NCUK English Language Test?
- Results within 3-5 working days
- Recognised by leading universities
- Online test formally aligned to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- Quality-assured by NCUK
Where can I take the test?
Current test centres include:
- Hangzhou International Study Centre, China
- Shenyang International Study Centre, China
- Sanya Foreign Language School, China
- Madagascar Professional Training Centre (MPTC)
- Oxbridge Tutorial College, Nigeria
Further test centres will be coming to a city near you, take a look at the full list of NCUK Study Centres for an indication of likely locations.
Which universities recognise the test?
The NCUK English Language Test is recognised for entry at the following NCUK universities:
- Aston University
- University of Bath
- University of Birmingham
- University of Bradford
- University of Bristol
- Brunel University
- University of Central Lancashire (UCLan)
- University of Chichester
- Cranfield University
- University for the Creative Arts
- Durham University
- University of Dundee
- University of East Anglia
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- Harper Adams University
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Huddersfield
- University of Hull
- Keele University
- University of Kent
- Kingston University London
- University of Leeds
- Leeds Beckett University
- University of Lincoln
- University of Liverpool
- Liverpool John Moores University
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- University of Nottingham
- Oxford Brookes University
- Queen Mary University of London
- University of Salford
- The University of Sheffield
- Sheffield Hallam University
- St Mary’s University
- Staffordshire University
- University of Sunderland
- University of Wales, Trinity Saint David
- UWE Bristol: University of the West of England
More and more universities are joining the approved list, so don’t despair if your university is not yet listed.
If you haven’t yet applied but would like to apply to one of the universities listed above, NCUK can also help support you with your university application. Contact your Test Centre for more information.
Send an enquiry or book a test
To send an enquiry to find out more information or to book a test, please complete the relevant form through one of the buttons below: