The NCUK English Language Test is designed for international students and provides an all-inclusive solution for students, universities and agents by offering a fast, reliable, quality-assured testing service.
Universities can independently verify test scores through a safe and secure results portal when students apply to their university. To validate a test score, please use the link below and log-in to the online results portal (powered by Password) using your unique institution log-in code:
About the test
The NCUK English Language Test is a computer-based test that assesses the four key components of the English language: reading, writing, speaking, and listening. The test is aligned to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) (A2 to C1) and delivers extremely accurate and reliable results (see table for CEFR equivalence). For more information about the test, click here.
Who is the test for?
The NCUK English Language Test is designed for international students who need a proof of English language test for visa purposes.
- Universities can refer students who already hold an offer at the university to Test Centres to undertake the test.
- Test Centres can recruit students from other international qualifications (A-level/IB) to undertake the test
- Through a university’s overseas affiliate and collaborative partners where students require a proof of English
Where can students take the test?
Students will complete the NCUK English Language Test at accredited Test Centres which adhere to rigorous NCUK Quality Assurance policies and procedures to ensure complete safeguarding of testing processes and environments.
Test centres will be announced very soon.
Which Universities accept the test?
The NCUK English Language Test is recognised for entry at the following NCUK universities:
- Aston University
- University of Bath
- University of Birmingham
- University of Bradford
- University of Bristol
- Brunel University
- University of Central Lancashire (UCLan)
- University of Chichester
- Cranfield University
- University for the Creative Arts
- Durham University
- University of Dundee
- University of East Anglia
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- Harper Adams University
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Huddersfield
- University of Hull
- Keele University
- University of Kent
- Kingston University London
- University of Leeds
- Leeds Beckett University
- University of Lincoln
- University of Liverpool
- Liverpool John Moores University
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- University of Nottingham
- Oxford Brookes University
- Queen Mary University of London
- University of Salford
- The University of Sheffield
- Sheffield Hallam University
- St Mary’s University
- Staffordshire University
- University of Sunderland
- University of Wales, Trinity Saint David
- UWE Bristol: University of the West of England
Work with us
- Students unable to take an English language test?
- University applicants looking to you for the answer?
- Are you seeking a quality-assured English language test to be offered in-country for your students?
NCUK can help provide the solution; English language testing within our global network of quality-assured Test Centres. Tell us about your specific English testing needs in the form below and one of our Account Managers will be in touch.