NCUK Shenzhen is currently seeking enthusiastic, qualified and experienced teachers to deliver the English for Academic Purposes subject (EAP). Please see below for information on requirements, experience and contact details for your application.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply. Our highest priority is to find suitable candidates who demonstrate a depth of understanding in the field as well as a commitment to teaching in a highly interactive environment.
Teaching Academic English to high school level students who are going to Western countries for university education.
- Preparing lessons and teaching courses based on the school schedules
- Preparing test papers, testing students, correcting homework and test papers
- Communicating and preparing lessons with teachers teaching other courses to coordinate teaching content
- Teaching courses related to language, humanity and social sciences
- Teaching related work includes attending teaching research meetings, organizing student academic activities, examinations, answering daily enquiries on studies or necessary guidance in studies
- Other teaching related work arranged by the direct manager
Qualifications and Experience
- Native English speaker
- A relevant academic qualification at graduate level
- TELFQ , which means a DELTA or Trinity Diploma, or TELFI (CELTA) with substantial EAP teaching experience
- The ability to contribute to integrated teaching across the curriculum
- An understanding of UK/Western Higher Education and the needs and requirements of international students
- Direct experience of further and Higher Education in an international context
- Experience of academic assessment and standards, and of quality assurance procedures (Desirable)
- Experience of teaching non-native speakers of English (Desirable)
- An understanding and appreciation of private sector education (Desirable)
- Experience of living and working in China (Desirable)
- Cooperative, flexible and easy-going
- Ready to accept Chinese culture and work environment
August or September 2020
3rd. Floor, School of Continuing Education, Shenzhen University, 4008 Jiefang Avenue, Luohu District, Shenzhen, China 518008
Package and Benefits
- Working visa
- Foreign Expert Certificate
- Competitive monthly salary
- Help upon arrival
- Paid Chinese public holidays
- Winter and summer vacations
- On-going professional developments
- Opportunities for promotion
- RMB10K travel allowance each year
- Housing allowance
Providing Chinese students with international high school education, NCUK Shenzhen Center is founded by Beijing UFEIC Bilingo-China Science &Technology Development Co. Ltd, which was founded in 1998 and is committed to introducing and providing international curriculum systems and teaching resources. It is also a leading research and development institution in innovative education of science & technology and curriculum of quality education.
During the past 20 years, Beijing UFEIC Bilingo-China has helped more than 30 key secondary schools with their establishment of international departments. More than 3000 students register and study UFEIC international high school curriculum each year. More than 50% of the graduates have enrolled in Top 100 universities in North America. Up to 12,000 students have enrolled in the world’s Top universities.
In recent years, Beijing UFEIC Bilingo-China has successfully operated the Orange County American high school (OCAHS) program at Beijing Bayi School, Shenzhen University, Hohhot No.2 High School and Chaoyang International School Affiliated to BFSU. Totally nearly 2,000 students have graduated from the OCAHS program and been admitted to the top universities in US or Canada. 70% of them have been admitted by Top 100 universities in North America.
As a newly established campus, the OCAHS program enrolment at Shenzhen University (alternatively named as Orange County American High School Shenzhen Campus) has reached 80 in the past two years, among them, except for a small number of students from Hong Kong and Taiwan, 95% were students from mainland China. Five students have been successfully transferred to Oxford Academy in the United States (ranked second in California). and 40 students used to participate in the overseas exchange programs.
Beijing Office Location
607A, 6th Floor, Xinhua Plaza, No. 8 Tuofangying South Road, Chaoyang Dist., Beijing
We look forward to hearing from you and to discussing with you how UFEIC can best serve your needs. If you are interested, please contact us through WeChat app ID: shango_81 or send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.