Kuwait International Foundation Year College (KIFYC) is currently hiring for an English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Teacher to join them at the start on the next academic year.
Please see below for information on requirements, experience and contact details for your application.
EAP Teacher – Minimum Requirements/Experience
- Either TESOL certificate from reputable institutions such as Trinity College, CELTA Certificate, or bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in teaching English as a Second Language, or a postgraduate certificate in this field’ (or equivalent)
- Two years of full-time teaching experience desirable
- Experience in teaching academic English to non-native speakers of English
- Experience in teaching students between the ages of 16 to 20
- Experience or a willingness to be meticulous in grading and providing comprehensive feedback on students’ work
- Preference will be given to applicants with proven track record in teaching English for Academic Purposes, especially in the NCUK IFY qualification/A levels/IGCSE/IB
- Expected to teach around 16-20 hours per week
- Carries out the professional duties of a teacher under the direction of the Director
- Performs particular assigned duties in accordance with directions given
- Carries out duties according to College policy and procedure.
- Plans and evaluates learning programmes to meet all student needs. Evaluates programme suitability against learning outcomes and modifies the programme accordingly. Liaises with other staff where appropriate.
- Understands the principles and purpose of assessment, and uses assessment as a tool to facilitate student learning.
- Establishes effective professional relationships with students and colleagues based on mutual respect and understanding.
- Manages classroom/teaching space effectively and safely by establishing clear guidelines and routines and provides a purposeful and supportive working environment.
- Assesses, records and reports on the development, progress, attainment and achievement of students. Identifies, acknowledges and encourages success; identifies under-achievement and takes appropriate action.
Classroom Practice and Management
- Willing and able to establish good, professional relationships with students, to respect their individual needs, gender, cultural backgrounds, and encourage learning.
- Promotes the general well-being of individual students and of any class group assigned. Promptly informs appropriate school personnel of any concerns.
- Communicates and consults with parents/guardians in accordance with school policy and participates in meetings as required.
- Maintains supervision, good order and discipline among the students and safeguards their health and safety in accordance with the school’s regulations and policy statements.
- Supervises designated classes or groups at all times
- Maintains a well-presented, stimulating and organised classroom environment for student learning. Resources and equipment are well maintained and their use responsibly supervised.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- ICT literate and conversant with the latest developments in ICT application in education Innovation
- Ability to analyse data from a variety of sources
Salary & Benefits
- Salary of 1500KD per month
- Annual round trip ticket to home of origin
- Health Insurance
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, then please submit your application including a C.V. and cover letter to Jihad Sadeddin, KIFYC Director, email@example.com
Application Deadline: Open for applications; start date September 2019