Project Manager (Fixed-Term 12 months)
Job Title: Project Manager (Fixed-Term 12 months)
Starting Salary: c £40,000 to £45,000 plus excellent benefits
Location: Manchester, UK
Application Form (download)
Can you succeed in managing and delivery a digital transformation in a global academic organisation? As Project Manager for NCUK you will;
- Propose solution designs and business justification
- Advise on the implementation of technical options
- Deliver and rollout software systems and associated business change in functional areas
- Ensure that the investment benefits are realised through the delivery of a Digital Transformation Programme
- Produce project documentation
- Produce technical specifications
- Manage project Phase Plans and deliverables
- Produce reporting for stakeholders
- Manage open tender processes
- Manage a SaaS development team
- Work to the Agile methodology
Our ideal candidate will be educated to degree level (or have equivalent business experience) and have extensive project management experience including with SMEs. You will possess:
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Experience working to the Agile methodology
- A proven background of working closely with a SaaS development team
- Experience in SMEs undertaking digital transformation
- Expertise in managing projects using modern web technologies
- Proven experience of management of alterations to project / programme scope, budget or time through change control
- Good understanding of project financial management
- Proven experience with planning, monitoring and reporting on the delivery of benefits
- Experience of supplier management
- Experience of working with a variety of stakeholders across the business to ensure business needs are met by the solution and managing stakeholder expectations
- Ability to work flexibly and across organisational boundaries
- A flexible approach to working hours and the ability to travel.
- Successfully work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong decision-making ability and ability to identify practical trade off options
NCUK is a unique organisation, founded by UK universities to provide overseas students with guaranteed access to universities through our pathway programmes. More than 30,000 students have successfully progressed to UK Universities by completing NCUK programmes. Our qualifications combine the highest of academic standards with exceptional language, study and cultural skills, and are currently delivered in 19 different countries across four continents. NCUK is a trading subsidiary of the Northern Consortium, a registered educational charity.
We offer a friendly working environment and excellent benefits, including at least 35 days’ holiday and pension contributions of up to 8% of salary. This role will generally be based in our Head Office in central Manchester and may involve occasional domestic travel.
Application Deadline: Sunday 19th May 2019
Interviews and assessment: w/c Monday 20th May 2019
Please advise your availability when applying.
Expected start date: As soon as possible, dependent on notice
Please note: Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.