Syllabus Developer – International Year One in Civil Engineering
Fees: Competitive daily rate
Hours: Flexible, short-term
NCUK is recruiting experienced academic staff to develop syllabuses and assessments starting December 2018 (with work to be completed by Feb 2019). We offer competitive fees and a high level of flexibility to allow you to balance this with your existing commitments.
NCUK is unique in higher education. We are a consortium of leading universities dedicated to giving international students guaranteed access to universities worldwide and helping them succeed when they get there. Our qualifications are recognised by our owner universities and by universities internationally, and, far more than other qualifications, they prepare students to hit the ground running.
As a Syllabus Developer, you will develop a syllabus and exemplar assessments (with mark schemes) for a module in Civil Engineering, for use on a UK Level 4 qualification. You will be excellent at delivering to deadlines, experienced in teaching, writing syllabuses and examining students in the subject at this level (FHEQ 4), and ideally hold a teaching qualification.
We are currently recruiting Syllabus Developers for the following modules:
- Civil Engineering Materials
- Structural & Stress Analysis
- Management & Sustainability in Engineering
Payment is made based upon a fee that will be agreed prior to work starting.
How to apply
Please send your CV with a short covering letter to email@example.com.
Your covering letter should:
- Specify that you are applying for the Syllabus Developer role and identify the module/s that you are interested in
- Include an overview of your experience teaching in similar subject areas at this level
- Include an overview of your experience in setting coursework and exams in similar subjects at similar levels
Application deadline: Friday 14th December