The High School Affiliated To The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNCAHS) is currently hiring for an Academic Team Leader (ATL). Please see below for information on requirements, experience and contact details for your application. This position is open to a Foreign National only and based at the International Department of the school.
The High School Affiliated To The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNCAHS) is a modern high school, which is among the list of top 5% high schools in Zhejiang province. Under the strategic partnership with University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) and the flagship of Zhejiang Wanli Education Group, UNNCAHS introduced the expertise and resources of UNNC into international education and English language teaching, providing our High School students with high quality learning experience. Zhejiang Wanli Education Group is well known for establishing and running quality institutions such as Zhejiang Wanli Univeristy (ZWU), UNNC, Ningbo International School (NBIS) and UNNC-AHS.
The UNNCAHS campus covers an area of 105 Mu with a total construction size of 54,000 square meters and is situated in a beautiful environment and well-equipped with first-class smart educational devices. It can accommodate 856 students for full boarding. Special English Pathway started its first cohort in 2018 and students enrolled into this pathway are offered to take courses from NCUK Foundation Program or Cambridge A Level program (cie.org.uk). We are the only partner school in Ningbo with NCUK.
Staff at UNNC-AHS will have plenty of opportunities for training as teachers and leaders through our established partnership with UNNC and its Institute for Teaching Excellence (ITE). Either TESOL certificate from reputable institutions such as Trinity College, CELTA Certificate, or a Master’s degree in English Education (or equivalent).
Academic Team Leader – Requirements/Experience
- Academic qualification at post-graduate or equivalent level or relevant professional qualifications (Essential)
- Relevant teaching experience. (Essential). Normally a minimum of five years
- Education management experience (Essential), normally a minimum of five years education management experience
- An understanding of UK/Western higher education and the needs and requirements of international students (Essential)
- Direct experience of higher education in an international context (Essential)
- An understanding and experience of International Foundation Programmes
- Experience of academic assessment and standards and of quality assurance
- Specific experience of education in China (Desirable)
- Experience of the development of academic programmes (Desirable)
- Experience of living and working in China (Desirable)
Salary & Benefits
Package highlight: Gross monthly salary in the range of RMB 35000 – 45000, health and accident insurance (family included), annual flight allowance, relocation allowance and furnished accommodation or housing allowance. Every year of service will earn an increment in the range of RMB 9000 to 18000 in the annual salary in the following year. Paid winter and summer holidays of around 9 weeks a year in addition to usual public holidays in China.
Contract is offered for twenty-four months, renewable by mutual consent. At the end of the contract a bonus equivalent to two months’ salary is payable, subject to satisfactory appraisal in each of the two years.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send an up-to-date CV as an expression of interest via email to CELEKE@nottingham.edu.cn attaching a colour passport picture to “HR Manager”. Please clearly mention in the subject line of the email the position applied for, e.g. “Academic Team Leader”.
We regret to inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be notified and this will be done within ten days of your submission of interest to us. Skype interview will be conducted by our principal and this would take place as and when the candidate is shortlisted.
Application deadline: 15th April 2020
Expected start date: August 2020