British University of Yangon is currently seeking enthusiastic, qualified and experienced teachers for several positions which includes teachers/instructors for the following subjects: Maths and Science. Please see below for information on requirements, experience and contact details for your application.
The British University of Yangon invites applications for full time/adjunct faculty positions for our STEM department, classes scheduled from beginning of January 2020. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply. Our highest priority is to find suitable candidates who demonstrate a depth of understanding in the field as well as a commitment to teaching in a highly interactive environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Chemistry, Math or related subject from an accredited college or university plus at least 2 years of teaching experience OR Master’s/ PhD degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum 1 year of prior teaching experience.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Commitment to establishing and maintaining a safe classroom environment for students. Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curriculum, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
- Advise and mentor students. Evaluate and grade students’ class work, laboratory work, assignments, and papers.
- Knowledge and interest in employing active learning in the classroom environment.
To ensure full consideration, include a cover letter, curriculum vitae and one or more reference in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org SUBJECT: Faculty Application.
About British University of Yangon
At the British University of Yangon we offer students the opportunity to experience international education while living in Myanmar. The program involves one or two years of study in Yangon, Myanmar, followed by two years in the UK to graduate with a British degree. Students gain guaranteed entry to one of our top UK universities and there are opportunities to study across the world.
We are passionate about education and student development. We uphold academic rigor and help and support students through their university journeys. It is important that students experience a UK style campus environment, and have access to all the skills they need to succeed in the British system. This means helping student gain confidence and leadership skills, so they can become well rounded global citizens in their future careers.
Our campus in the heart of Yangon features sporting facilities, gardens and a canteen. There are many extracurricular activities and public lectures and events. We believe in individual motivation and value creative ideas and innovation. We encourage staff to pursue projects they are interested in and to learn new things. We are a friendly, hard-working community and we can’t wait for you to join us.