Find a course for: The University of Kent
Download these results as:
As ambitious and forward-thinking as its students, the University of Kent is committed to the transformative power of education and research. Known as the UK’s European university, Kent is truly international in its outlook with 150 nationalities represented in the student body, including many NCUK students each year.
Why Study at The University of Kent?
- Kent was award Gold, the highest rating, in the UK Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework in 2017
- Excellent graduate prospects – more than 96% of Kent students who graduated in 2016 were in work or further study within six months
- The majority of degrees offer the opportunity to spend a term/year studying or working abroad
- £4.8 million redevelopment of Kent sports facilities and programmes has been recently completed
- Beautiful UK campuses close to London and specialist centres in Brussels, Paris, Athens and Rome
Awards and Achievements
- Three of Kent’s subject areas are ranked within the world top 100, with a further eight in the top 200 (2017 QS World University Rankings by subject)
- Kent’s Gold Award in the UK Teaching Excellent Framework recognises the University’s consistently outstanding teaching
- The University is ranked 22nd in the UK in the Guardian University Guide 2018
- 97% of Kent’s research is of international quality (REF 2014)
- The new £35 million Sibson building, home to Kent Business School and the School of Mathematics. Statistics and Actuarial Science, which opened in May 2017 has been shortlisted in the inaugural Architects’ Journal Architecture Awards
Degrees at Kent Law School
- Recognised as one of the leading law schools in the UK, the School has an international reputation both for its world-leading research and for the high quality, innovative, critical and socio-legal education that it provides.Carefully designed and wide-ranging curriculum, an institutional commitment to teaching excellence, as well as extensive international links.
- In addition to offering a highly successful mooting programme and a variety of activities to prepare students for successful future careers, the Law School also houses a multi-award winning Law Clinic that offers students the opportunity to gain unparalleled experience of legal practice, enabling them to advise and represent clients under the supervision of qualified solicitors.
- The Kent electronic Law library, Lawlinks, is one of the best in the UK. All modules have their own websites and many of the lectures are recorded when given live and made available as MP3 files.
Kent School of Architecture
- Kent School of Architecture has a reputation for tackling global issues at a local scale, with many projects set in the south-east region. Through this work and open lecture programmes and events, the School continues to build links with the profession and the wider community. The School is also committed to the development of sustainable design and this is taught at all stages of the curriculum.
- Kent offers both the BA and MArch degree programmes, which together can lead to exemption from RIBA Part 1 and Part 2 examinations. Both offer multidisciplinary learning experiences, studying areas such as regeneration and sustainability, landscape, community and the quality of urban life, which equips students with the skills they need to practise in the profession.
BSc (Hons) Business Information Technology
- The degree focuses on the skills needed for the practical application of computing to areas typically found in industry. These include e-commerce, information systems and computer consultancy. It incorporates much of the degree course in Computing BSc but also includes business-oriented modules.
- The Kent IT Consultancy option offers students the opportunity to learn how to become an IT Consultant by providing computing support to local businesses while earning credits towards their degree.
- The School of Computing at Kent is an internationally recognised Centre of Excellence for programming education, with 95% of research judged to be of international quality.
BEng (Hons) Electronic and Communications Engineering
- Kent offers degree programmes teaching state-of-the-art technology, which means graduates can work at the forefront of all the major areas of Electronic Engineering.
- The School at Kent has strong links with the Royal Academy of Engineering and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET). Several visiting industrial professors contribute to the strong industrial relevance of the courses.
- Staff meet regularly with a team of senior industrialists to ensure that the course keeps up to date with industry.
BSc (Hons) Actuarial Science
- The BSc degree gives students the opportunity to gain the maximum possible exemptions from the professional exams set by the UK actuarial profession. Together with the MSc Applied Actuarial Science, Kent is one of the few universities in the UK to offer both degrees with full accreditation from the profession.
- Core modules on the degree are taught by professionally qualified actuaries with many years’ industry experience. The course offers an optional year in industry and the Invicta Actuarial Society at the university provides good links with industry.
- Employment prospects are good and students who have completed this course have also gone on to successful careers in other areas such as accountancy, banking or operational research.
BA (Hons) Sociology
- BA Sociology 7th in the UK in the Times Good University Guide 2017
- This programme provides students with an understanding of core traditions and contemporary developments in sociological thinking and research.
- Kent’s School of Social Policy, Sociology and Social Research (SSPSSR) has consistently achieved the highest ratings for the quality of its teaching and research.
- Within the School, students are also encouraged to explore diverse areas such as social theory, terrorism, globalisation, the sociology of work, drugs, street culture and popular culture.
BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science
- The degree programme enables students to study the application of science to issues in the sport and exercise sciences and to gain the key skills needed to become an excellent practitioner within the sports, exercise and fitness industries.
- Students benefit from links with high-profile sports teams and bodies such as the RFU, English Institute of Sport, British Cycling and UK Sport, individual Olympians and Paralympians, and companies such as Science in Sport, as well as a range of community links.
- Equipment available to all students is second-to-none. New sports science laboratories, in the £11 million development at Medway Park, house a range of the latest sports science equipment, including an environmental chamber, an anti-gravity treadmill, 3D video analysis, ultrasound imaging, gait analysis and force pedals, in addition to teaching and student clinics, blood laboratories and a rehabilitation gymnasium.
Read about scholarships available to NCUK applicants, including those applying to The University of Kent.
The University of Kent