NCUK Student Counsellor Training – Student Support & Applications
Over the course of this event, attendees were able to participate in a session delivered by experts from across the NCUK Global Network to gain a better understanding of university admissions and student support processes.
What happens at the Student Counsellor Training?
- Interactive training sessions led by the NCUK team and university staff on topics such as progression options, personal statements, increasing enrolments, studying Medicine, alternative options for students, counsellor personal development and much more!
- An opportunity to meet with colleagues from across the NCUK Global Network and a chance to share best practices in student counselling and student support.
- The opportunity to join Q&A sessions and discussions with NCUK Universities and Staff.
Session – 25 October
The Counsellor Training will be delivered through ONE single session that will cover multiple topics and welcome a range of speakers. The session will take place from 08:00 – 11.00 (BST)
To join this session, click here.
To view a breakdown of the topics this session will be covering, have a look below.
'Welcome and Launch of new counsellor course ' 08:00 - 08:15 (BST)
|Welcome to the NCUK Counsellor Training – Student Counselling & Applications!
We will kick off the day with the launch of our new Student Counsellor Course, a bespoke training suite that covers key information on student progression options and the student counselling process. It is designed to develop Student Counsellors’ skills and knowledge around how to support NCUK students with their journey to their chosen university course.
'How to: Preparing students applying to NCUK University Partners' 08:15 - 09:00 (BST)
This session is all about supporting students with choosing universities and courses that are the right fit for them! We will explore some tools and key resources available to counsellors. We will also examine some real-life scenarios that will help gain a good understanding of the factors students need to consider when making their decisions.
'Higher Education Live! - University Admissions and Applications' 09:05 - 10.00 (BST)
An excellent opportunity to meet representatives from the NCUK Universities and listen to the latest information in university admissions. We will also be joined by NCUK Alumni who will be telling us about their experiences of applying to universities and the support they found helpful. There will be plenty of opportunity for you to ask the panel questions so this is one not to be missed!
'Applications to UK Universities: UCAS Applications, Personal Statement & Academic References workshop' 10:10 - 10:50 (BST)
This session will focus on the application process to universities in the UK, with a particular emphasis on the new format and requirements of the UCAS references.
10:50 – 11.00: Thank you and close.
Click below to view answers to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Can I watch recording of the session?
- Yes, the session will be recorded and available “on-demand” through the registration link immediately after the session has ended.
Where can I learn more about NCUK University progression options?
- The NCUK website is a useful resource to learn more about our university partners. Please visit our universities page to view all of the progression options available to NCUK students.
NCUK University Destinations Guide
Use our exclusive university destinations brochure to showcase the fantastic study abroad destinations in which NCUK Universities are located. With 45+ universities across the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the USA, NCUK students will have a wide range of progression opportunities after completing their qualifications.
Request more information
If you have any questions about the NCUK Student Counsellor Conference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.