Biggest and Best NCUK Prize Award Ceremony Yet!
Now in its fourth year, NCUK’s Prize Award Ceremony on Friday 11 November 2016 was a particularly memorable occasion. Our annual event recognises the achievements of students from around the world who have completed NCUK programmes with the best academic results. This year we had:
- More than 70 student prizewinners including students receiving special university awards as part of the £1 Million Scholarship Scheme
- Biggest prize fund – £160K shared amongst our winners
- More social media coverage – students and staff shared photos and video on Facebook, Instagram and Weibo throughout the day to make it a live event
- Special guests from across our network of study centres
- Two past prizewinners – Karen Dominguez Montes from Manchester Metropolitan University and Arthur Zhao from the University of Sheffield – spoke about their own NCUK experiences to inspire the 2016 cohort
Professor Richard Stephenson, Deputy Vice-Chancellor from the University of Salford, was among the senior university representatives who were also in the audience. He delivered the closing speech on behalf of the Trustees of the Northern Consortium, the not-for profit part of the NCUK organisation, which funds the annual awards.
Welcoming all of the guests to the ceremony this year, Ken Gill, NCUK’s Chief Executive said: “This is our showpiece occasion to celebrate our student talent. With many of our universities in the top ranking globally, this activity of marking students’ excellence and enabling our students to realise their aspirations represents our core purpose.”
Take a look at some of images from our event by following the link to our Facebook page here .