International Foundation Year
About California State University, Monterey Bay
California State University, Monterey Bay (CSUMB) is a thriving residential campus with 8000 students. Located in the center of the California coastline, Monterey is perfectly situated for learning and leisure. The campus is close to stunning beaches, redwood forests, and mountain ranges, as well as a vibrant tourist town. It’s the perfect starting point for weekend trips to San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, and Yosemite National Park.
CSUMB is a comprehensive university offering 23 bachelor’s degrees, 7 master’s degrees, and multiple certificate and credential programs. Classes average just 20-30 students and are taught by passionate professors. Distinguished programs include Marine Science, Sustainable Hospitality Management, Cinematic Arts & Technology, Global Studies, and Environmental Science, Technology, & Policy. Through CSUMB’s renowned Service Learning Institute, students can make a meaningful impact while establishing industry connections and gaining hands-on real-world experience.
Around half of all students live on campus, creating a vibrant, safe, and close-knit community. International students who apply by priority deadlines are guaranteed on-campus housing, eliminating the hassle of independently securing accommodation. Plus, there are 80+ student organizations and 12 athletic teams to get involved with, ensuring opportunities to make friends upon arrival.
NCUK International Foundation Year students progressing to California State University, Monterey Bay can get extra credit transfer of up to 18 credits. This is dependent on grades achieved and modules taken. For more information please contact email@example.com
Why Choose the University?
- Amazing location. Walking distance to the beach & driving distance to some of America’s greatest destinations.
- Engaging academics. Enjoy small, hands-on classes in a wide variety of academic interests.
- Diverse student body. Live, study, and work with students from all over the world from all backgrounds and cultures.
- Great value. Spend your money on experience, on travel, on making memories…not on outrageous tuition costs.
- Safe, friendly, beautiful. Monterey is a small town that makes a big impression. Enjoy the laid-back vibes in the most dramatic scenery the west coast has to offer.
Awards and Achievements
- Ranked 11th on U.S. News & World Report Top Public Schools Regional Universities West
- Ranked 18th on U.S. News & World Report Top Public University (Western Region)
- Ranked 27th on Top 50 Colleges for Hispanic Students
- Ranked 47th on U.S. News & World Report Top Western University
- Service Learning Institute: 2006, 2010 – White House President’s Award for Community Service in Higher Education and 2015 – Carnegie Foundation’s Elective Classification in Community Engagement
Click here to view the range of scholarships that California State University, Monterey Bay has to offer.
University Majors & Programs
Click here to view the list of majors and programs available at California State University, Monterey Bay.
Address: 100 Campus Center
Seaside, CA 93955
Phone Number: +1 831-582-4778