International Foundation Year
Find a course for: Cardiff University
Download these results as:
About Cardiff University
Founded in 1883, Cardiff University combines a prestigious heritage with impressive modern facilities. As part of the Russell Group, students benefit from Cardiff University’s outstanding research quality and reputation, while enjoying a wide variety of courses that can be tailored to any aspirations.
Cardiff University is ranked 2nd in the UK for research impact, is among the top 25 universities in the UK and is a world top 160 university. A degree from Cardiff University will open doors for you across the globe. Their students are in such high demand by employers that 96% of graduates enter employment or further study shortly after graduating.
The University has a vibrant student community with more than 200 clubs and societies to choose from, as well as one of the best Students’ Unions in the UK. Their international community is active and welcoming, with students coming from more than 150 countries.
As a city, Cardiff has a low cost of living and is friendly, safe, and diverse. Breath-taking beaches, national parks and mountains are all easily accessible and you’ll find a vibrant arts and music community as well as great shopping, world-class sporting events and an exciting food scene.
Why Choose Cardiff University?
- Ranked 151st in the world (QS World University Rankings 2022)
- The vibrant and multicultural capital city of Cardiff is our campus – home to a vast range of culture, history, entertainment, international music events and world-class sporting venues
- Cardiff University is a Russell Group university and is ranked 5thin the UK for research excellence (REF 2014)
- Cardiff is one of the most affordable university cities in the UK, with the 4th lowest cost for student accommodation (NatWest Student Living Index 2021)
- The university offers guaranteed accommodation for international students for the duration of their studies, provided they meet the required deadlines.
- Cardiff University has a community of over 33,500 students, including over 7,500 international students from more than 150 countries.
- Our Student’s Union is regularly voted among the top 3 in the UK (WhatUni Student Choice Awards, 2020)
Awards and Achievements
- A world top 150-200 university (Academic Ranking of World Universities 2021)
- The university is ranked 25th in the UK (The Complete University Guide 2021)
- Among the world’s top 50 institutions for Architecture and Communications & Media Studies and top 100 for Pharmacy, Psychology, Geography, Dentistry, English Language & Literature, Social Policy & Administration and Nursing (QS World Rankings by Subject 2022)
- 5th in the UK for research excellence (REF 2014)
- Member of the elite Russell Group of the UK’s 24 leading research universities
- Cardiff University is a top 10 institution in the UK for: Architecture, Business & Economics, Celtic Studies, Occupational Therapy, Dentistry, General Engineering, Health Professions, Italian, Media & Film Studies, Medical Technology and Bioengineering, Nursing & Midwifery, Optometry, Ophthalmology and Orthoptics, Pharmacy, Psychology, Physiotherapy, Radiography, Town and Country Planning and Landscape Design. (The Complete University Guide 2022, the Times Good University Guide 2022, and The Guardian University Guide 2021)
- Home to award-winning academics, including two Nobel Prize winners.
Our Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship scheme offers awards from £2,000 to international students studying selected undergraduate and postgraduate programmes at Cardiff University for September 2022 entry.
McKenzie House 30-36 Newport
CF24 0DE, United Kingdom
Phone: +44 (0)2920 874432