About Durham University
A globally outstanding centre of teaching and research excellence, a collegiate community of extraordinary people, a unique and historic setting – Durham is a university like no other.
We believe that inspiring our people to do outstanding things at Durham enables Durham people to do outstanding things in the world. So, we conduct boundary-breaking research which improves lives across the world. We challenge our students and value a wider student experience that fosters participation and leadership at Durham and beyond. Our supportive approach enables our people to achieve extraordinary things. And our loyal and devoted worldwide community, wherever they go, whatever they do, are always Durham inspired.
Durham is a World Top 100 University (QS World Rankings 2022). It is also one of the UK’s foremost institutions, ranked 5th in Complete University Guide 2022. We find it easy to be proud of the extraordinary people we have at Durham. We offer the inspiration, they achieve the outstanding.
Why choose Durham University?
Durham University is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of universities. It consistently ranks as one of the top 100 universities in the world by the QS World University Rankings:
- World-class teaching: We provide an education that challenges boundaries, is research-led and transformative and takes advantage of the latest digital technologies.
- Our collegiate system makes Durham exceptional: Here, every student is a proud member of a college, and every college has its own character and traditions. Each is an inspiring and supportive community. Many of our international students choose to live in their college because colleges are where Durham’s outstanding student experience begins.
- Student experience: Whatever you love doing, whatever you might like to try, you will find support and inspiration at Durham.
Awards and achievements
- World Top 100 University (QS World University Rankings 2022)
- Nationally, we’re consistently a top 10 UK university. We’re ranked fourth in the Guardian University Guide 2021, fifth in the Complete University Guide 2022 and sixth in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021.
- TEF Gold
Durham University is committed to supporting the best International students. For more details, please click here.
The Palatine Centre
Stockton Road, Durham
DH1 3LE, UK
Phone: +44 191 334 1000