About Keele University
Centrally located in England, Keele University is located in North Staffordshire between Manchester and Birmingham and only a 90 minute train journey from London. Keele has the largest single-site campus in the UK with over 600 acres of beautiful countryside, offering the benefits of a spacious campus setting, whilst still offering easy access to both town and city life. Alongside teaching facilities the campus provides student accommodation, highly rated library facilities, Students’ Union and amenities, to give the diverse student community a complete self-contained study and leisure environment.
Awarded Gold in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework and first in England for Student Satisfaction with course (Guardian League Table 2018), a degree from Keele is designed to provide students with critical and essential areas of knowledge in their chosen field of study, as well as developing them as individuals with key skills that will prepare them for life beyond university.
Keele’s reputation and area of expertise ranges across Medicine and Health Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences and Natural Sciences, with each Faculty providing a diverse array of courses that offer an international learning experience and exposure to critical and current research. Popular courses at Keele include Biomedical Science, Business Management, Forensic Science, Environment and Sustainability, International Relations, Law, Pharmacy and Psychology.
Why Choose Keele University?
- Wide choice of degree programmes across 3 faculties with single honours, combined honours, integrated masters and professionally accredited degrees available to undergraduates.
- Top 5 most beautiful universities in the UK (Times Higher Education, 2018)
- With over 600 acres, we have the largest single-site campus in the UK with outstanding facilities
- Well established study abroad programme offering semester and year-long exchange to over 80 partner universities across the world
- There are over 3,000 student bedrooms on campus, and more than 300 staff homes
- In the last 10 years, we have invested over £140 million in our campus and infrastructure
- The University is home to a 70-acre development site for its Science and Innovation Park, hosting over 40 companies that employ over 600 people
- We’re investing £45 million in our science facilities on campus between 2017 and 2019
- We were ranked No. 1 in the UK for affordability in 2016 (Marbles.com)
Awards and Achievements
- TEF Gold
- Top 5 in the Teaching Excellence Framework (Times Higher ranking of the TEF broad-based universities 2017)
- Keele is ranked in the UK Top 10 (Combined TEF and REF League Table – analysis by Lancaster University published in Times Higher Education, March 2018)
- Joint 1st in England for student satisfaction with course (Guardian University League Table, 2019)
- Ranked 36th overall (Guardian University League Table 2019)
- Ranked in the UK top 50 overall (Times Good University Guide 2018)
- Ranked 54th overall (The Complete University Guide 2019)
- Ranked in the top 100 in Europe
- Top 10 for Health Professions and Nursing and Midwifery (Guardian League Table 2019)
- In the UK Top 10 for Forensic Science and Nursing (The Complete University Guide 2019)
- 97% of research world leading or of International Importance with world-leading impact in 10 disciplines (Research Excellence Framework, 2014)
- 96% graduate employability (HESA Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education 2017)
- 1st student satisfaction ( National Student Survey 2014,2015,2016)
- 1st for affordability (Marbles.com 2016)
- 600+ acres – Britain’s biggest single-site campus
- Global top 20 for campus sustainability (UI Green Metric ranking, 2017)
- Joint top for ‘Good library and library opening hours’ (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2017-18)
- Ranked in Global top 200 for ‘international outlook’ (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2017-18)
Keele University offers a range of scholarships for international students. Click here for more information.
Keele University, Keele,
Staffordshire, ST5 5BG
00 44 1782 733501