About Lancaster University
Located on a beautiful campus in the North West of England, the University places great emphasis on a strong student experience and employability and gives students access to academics who are experts in their field.
Lancaster is one of only a handful of universities with a collegiate system which has helped to forge a strong sense of identity and loyalty, and continues to be a distinctive feature of student life at Lancaster. Students from one hundred countries make up a thriving community based around our nine colleges, creating a culturally diverse campus in a location that boasts the combination of city, coast and countryside.
Top ten in all three UK league tables, we score particularly highly for student satisfaction and employability. Add in our unique colleges, community feel and international outlook, and you can see why our staff and students love being here.
Why Choose Lancaster University?
- Lancaster is ranked among the top ten universities in the UK: Lancaster is ranked 9th in the Guardian University Guide 2018, 9th in the UK in the Complete University Guide 2018 and 6th in The Times/Sunday Times 2018. There are more than 120 universities in the UK.
- We’re great for getting you a job: 97.6% of Lancaster graduates are either in employment or further study three and a half year after graduating (HESA 2017)
- 91% student satisfaction rating (NSS 2017): Lancaster’s on-campus accommodation has won the Best University Halls award for seven out of the last eight years in the National Student Housing Survey and we are also one of only four universities to hold the International Accommodation Quality Mark, awarded for over 90% satisfaction among international students.
- We’re collegiate: Lancaster is proud to be one of only a handful of UK universities to have a collegiate system. We have nine colleges in total, eight for undergraduate students and one for postgraduate students.
- We’re global: Lancaster has more than 150 academic partners across 24 countries around the world. Strong links with universities in the USA, Asia and Europe ensure that we work at the forefront of international, collaborative research projects, working on major global issues.
Awards and Achievements
- Ranked Top 150 university (THE World University Rankings)
- Ranked 135th (QS World University Rankings 2018)
- Ranked 71st (THE Best Universities in Europe 2018)
- Named University of the Year (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018)
- Awarded TEF Gold (2017 Teaching Excellence Framework)
Lancaster University provides scholarships for international students which total £120,000. This is aimed at exceptional students from a set group of countries, further information can be found here.
University Course List
Click here to access the list of undergraduate courses that students can take at Lancaster University.
Lancaster University, Bailrigg, Lancaster, UK, LA1 4YW
+44 (0)1524 65201