Find a course for: Lancaster University
Download these results as:
About Lancaster University
Located on a beautiful campus in the North West of England, the University places great emphasis on a strong student experience and employability and gives students access to academics who are experts in their field.
We’re top 15 in three major UK league tables and top 150 in the world, and we score particularly highly for student satisfaction (lancaster.ac.uk/reputation). Add in our unique colleges, community feel and international outlook, and you can see why our staff and students love being here.
Lancaster University is one of only a handful of universities in the United Kingdom with a collegiate system that has helped to forge a strong sense of identity and loyalty, and continues to be a distinctive feature of student life at Lancaster. Students from one hundred countries make up a thriving community based around our nine colleges, creating a culturally diverse campus in a location that boasts the combination of city, coast and countryside.
Why Choose Lancaster University?
- We’re great for getting you a job: Career and employability development is embedded in our courses. And, in addition to the general career workshops, fairs and activities, we offer bespoke programmes and access to resources to help international students realise their ambitions in the UK or anywhere in the world.
- Award-winning accommodation: Our accommodation has won ‘Best University Halls’ eight times since 2010 at the UK’s prestigious National Student Housing Awards.
- We’re collegiate: Lancaster is proud to be one of only a handful of UK universities to have a collegiate system. We have nine colleges in total and these create ready-made friendships group and support systems from day one.
- We’re global: You’ll normally find over 5,000 international students from more than 100 different countries studying at our Lancaster campus. Our global reach goes beyond the borders of the UK – we have international teaching partnerships in China, Germany, Ghana and Malaysia. We have developed Lancaster pathways to allow students to access a Lancaster education across the globe.
Awards and Achievements
- Lancaster is ranked among the top fifteen universities in the UK: Lancaster is ranked 11th in the Complete University Guide 2022 and The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022, and 13th in the Guardian University Guide 2022. There are more than 120 universities in the UK.
- Highly ranked in the world: We are ranked 122nd in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022 and 132nd in the QS World University Rankings 2022.
- Satisfied students: The 2021 National Student Survey (NSS) reveals that 83% of Lancaster University students are satisfied overall with the quality of their course, compared with a national average of 75%.
Lancaster University awarded £5.9 million worth of scholarships and bursaries in 2020 and helped nearly 4,000 students with fees and living expenses. You can find out about our range of excellent funding opportunities on our scholarships and bursaries pages.
University Course List
We offer programmes at foundation, pre-masters, undergraduate and postgraduate level covering a wide range of subject areas. We also have a variety of opportunities to spend time studying in a different country and working in industry. A full list of our courses can be found on our website:
UK, LA1 4YW