About Lancaster University
Located on a beautiful campus in the North West of England, the University places great emphasis on a strong student experience and employability and gives students access to academics who are experts in their field.
Lancaster is one of only a handful of universities with a collegiate system which has helped to forge a strong sense of identity and loyalty, and continues to be a distinctive feature of student life at Lancaster. Students from one hundred countries make up a thriving community based around our nine colleges, creating a culturally diverse campus in a location that boasts the combination of city, coast and countryside.
Top ten in three major UK league tables, we score particularly highly for student satisfaction and employability. Add in our unique colleges, community feel and international outlook, and you can see why our staff and students love being here.
Why Choose Lancaster University?
- Lancaster is ranked among the top ten universities in the UK: Lancaster is ranked 10th in the Guardian University Guide 2021, 8th in the Complete University Guide 2021 and 10th in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021. There are more than 120 universities in the UK.
- We’re great for getting you a job: Third in the UK for graduate prospects in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020 and Complete University Guide 2021 with 89% of Lancaster students going into professional work or further education after graduation.
- Award-winning accommodation: In the National Student Housing Awards 2019 Lancaster’s accommodation was awarded Best University Halls. This is the eighth time we have won the award since 2010. At the same awards, we also retained the International Accommodation Quality Mark, for providers that achieve higher than 90% satisfaction from their overseas students.
- We’re collegiate: Lancaster is proud to be one of only a handful of UK universities to have a collegiate system. We have nine colleges in total, eight for undergraduate students and one for postgraduate students.
- We’re global: You’ll normally find over 5,000 international students from more than 100 different countries studying at our Lancaster campus. Our global reach goes beyond the borders of the UK. Working with partner institutions in China, Germany, Ghana and Malaysia, we have developed Lancaster pathways to allow students to access a Lancaster education across the globe.
Awards and Achievements
- Ranked 136th in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021.
- Ranked 135th out of more than 1000 universities in the QS World University Rankings 2021.
- Named International University of the Year (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020)
- Awarded TEF Gold (2017 Teaching Excellence Framework)
Lancaster University provides scholarships for international students which total £80,000. This is aimed at exceptional students from a set group of countries, further information can be found here.
University Course List
Click here to access the list of undergraduate courses that students can take at Lancaster University.
Lancaster University, Bailrigg, Lancaster, UK, LA1 4YW