Find a course for: Manchester Metropolitan University
Download these results as:
One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK with over 36,000 students who can choose from over 1,000 courses with a focus on industry experience and employability.
Why Choose Manchester Metropolitan University?
- Manchester Campus is located in the centre of the UK’s best city to live in (The Economist)
- A range of scholarships for international students up to £5,000
- Many courses offer sandwich year placements or internships in industry
- Industry links with global companies, including IBM, Panasonic, Disney, Airbus, Siemens, Nissan, Puma and Canon
- Professional careers advice during degree studies and for 3 years after graduating
- £350 million has been invested in facilities and the University has received more national building awards than any other UK university in the past five years
Awards & Achievements
- Ranked in the global top 3% and the world’s top 150 universities under 50 years old (Times Higher Education)
- The UK’s biggest riser in the Complete University Guide 2017 rankings
- 85% of research has ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ impact (REF 2014)
BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- This programme provides the knowledge required for a professional career in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- Project-based learning, including live industry-led projects, will help students develop skills and multi-disciplinary awareness Year 1 establishes the fundamentals of engineering science, applicable mathematics and practical and project skills in electrical and electronic engineering.
- In Year 2, students will further develop your scientific and analytical skills through study of electrical energy systems, control engineering, and electronic systems design. Students will take on a specialist role in a group project and start detailed career planning.
- Specialist options and projects in the final year, all informed by the School of Engineering’s active research and industrial partnerships, will give students experience of the latest engineering challenges faced by industry and society.
BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- This degree, which assumes no previous knowledge of the subject, combines accountancy, finance and economics with business disciplines. Alongside the development of accounting and finance knowledge, there is a strong focus on management skills.
- This ensures that when students graduate, you have the high-level transferable skills employers seek. A four-year route is also available where students have the opportunity to spend a third year on industrial placement or study abroad.
- Designed to achieve exemptions from ACCA, ICAEW and CIMA, this is a great start for students looking to become qualified chartered accountants.
BA (Hons) Business Management
- This degree combines the flexibility of a broad business degree with the option to specialise during the later stages of the course.
- Students will be able to gain skills in all areas of business and make informed decisions about business strategy and operations.
- Studies will draw on disciplines including business planning strategy, creative thinking, accounting and finance, human resources, leadership, marketing and data analysis. Assignments are work-focused so that students can apply the business knowledge you gain to real-life work practices.
- The course focuses on entrepreneurship, as entrepreneurs have to have good all-round understanding of their company, take a fresh innovative approach to improving business practices and identify new opportunities.
- Four-year placement and exchange routes, with the option to spend a third year on industrial placement or studying overseas.
BA (Hons) Fashion
- This award-winning course, taught in the Manchester School of Art, focuses on contemporary fashion design (womenswear and menswear) and encourages students to be innovative and creative while developing an understanding of the needs of the fashion industry.
- Students will be taught how to develop concepts and ideas through in-depth research processes and experimentation, learning how to design and make original and innovative fashion outcomes and present fashion concepts through established and new media.
- The School of Art provides a vibrant community in which collaboration with students and staff from other creative disciplines is encouraged particularly through Unit X.
- The course has strong links with industry, offering the opportunity for external showcasing of work and participation in competitions, and national and international industry projects.
- Open to graduates holding degrees in any subject, this course assumes no prior knowledge of marketing or business and is suitable for students wishing to progress their academic knowledge of marketing management.
- This course is approved and accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing. In an international business climate, which has undergone economic change during the last decade, graduates with excellent marketing awareness and management skills have never been in greater demand.
- The shifting balance in world trade, the emergence of fast growing economies plus an increasing pool of world consumers means that businesses need to be increasingly focused on how they develop their competitive marketing strategies.
- The applied nature of this course ensures that students develop the latest thinking and techniques within marketing and acquire the capabilities to enhance your employability and career prospects. More specifically, this course will develop an awareness for and critical understanding of the latest issues within the discipline of marketing, marketing strategy and consumer behaviour.
- The course is taught by highly experienced academic tutors and industry practitioners, who bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to the challenges posed in today’s business environment. The course combines strong academic principles and theories but examines these within a focused and applied teaching approach.
- Contemporary business issues are discussed within appropriate academic and practical contexts, whilst students develop their knowledge in international branding and digital media. At the end of the course, students will have acquired the skills and knowledge to be a skilled marketing professional.
Read about scholarships available to NCUK applicants, including those applying to Manchester Metropolitan University.
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building