International Foundation Year
Find a course for: Robert Gordon University
Download these results as:
About Robert Gordon University
Recognised regionally and internationally for our teaching excellence, close links with industry, our impactful research and our top graduate employability record. Our history of preparing students for the world of work dates back to the 17th century when Robert Gordon had the vision to provide all young people with an education. It is this vision to constantly create a better and brighter future for our students and the world around us, which we still embrace here today.
Our campus is set in the idyllic setting on the banks of the River Dee, perfect for space and study, while also being a short 15 minutes to the city centre – you have the best of both worlds. We have invested over £135m into our campus to ensure it is as well equipped for practical learning as possible.
As well as being driven by the needs of industry, the courses we offer provide applied learning experiences and the opportunity to put your newly acquired skills and knowledge to the test in a practical environment through our placements and state-of-the-art teaching facilities.
Through our excellent connection to industry, you will also gain insight into the working practices of senior leaders from industry and professions around the world. Higher Education is an adventure that opens up opportunities and broadens the mind.
Whether you want to improve your prospects and skills in your current discipline or make a complete career change, we can help you to achieve your ambitions and enhance your employability.
Why choose Robert Gordon University?
- Aberdeen: Based in the safest city in the UK (Mercer Quality of Living Rankings) Aberdeen has a lot to offer. From beaches to mountains, castles to cinemas Aberdeen has it all. Students find the city easy to navigate and the campus conducive to study.
- Part-time jobs: The university holds career fairs for students throughout the year, as well as a part-time jobs fair to help students who would like to work while studying.
- Student population: 17000 students from over 132 countries.
- High graduate employment: 1st in Scotland and 2nd in the UK in the Graduate Employment Rate measure (QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2022); our students are work-ready when they complete their courses and so are snapped up quickly!
- Start-up opportunities: RGU also has an Innovation and Entrepreneurship hub which funds startup companies through the accelerator programme. The programme takes up to 30 new teams each year and these teams will receive initial funding for their startups of up to £10,000. This is open to students, staff and Alumni of RGU.
- Supportive environment: the university has many on-site services for students to access during their time at RGU and after including Careers centre, disability and dyslexia centre, childcare nursery, student counselling and wellbeing service, study skills and access centre and many more student can visit the student help point if they want any other information.
Awards and Achievements
- Top 3 in Scotland and top 10 in the UK for student satisfaction (Complete University Guide 2024)
- 2nd in Scotland for graduate outcomes: on track (Complete University Guide 2024)
- 2nd in Scotland for teaching quality (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023)
- 3rd in Scotland and the UK for student experience (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023)
- 1st in Scotland and 2nd in the UK in the Graduate Employment Rate measure (QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2022)
The university supports the Saltire scholarship (selected countries only) the Chevening scholarship and GREAT Scholarship as well as many country-specific scholarships and funding bodies all visible here. International students are also automatically given a scholarship discount of £3,000 if they enter year 1 or 2 of an Undergraduate degree or £2,000 if they enter a postgraduate degree.
Robert Gordon University
Aberdeen AB10 7QB, UK
Phone: +44 (0) 1224 262728