About Swinburne University of Technology
Our commitment to high-quality teaching over our 100-year history is what makes us educational leaders in science, technology, innovation, business and design. However Swinburne doesn’t only offer a great in-class experience. Our students have exposure to high-impact global research and active engagement with industry and the community. With a degree from Swinburne, you can go anywhere in the world.
Our graduates are spread throughout the continents and work for the most prestigious companies at the forefront of international business and innovation. A degree from Swinburne puts you in an enviable position that is recognised and desired by employers globally, from Shanghai to San Francisco.
When you graduate, you’ll become one of thousands of Swinburne graduates around the world who are writing their own success stories. And that’s all because a degree from Swinburne sets you up for life.
Why Choose Swinburne University of Technology?
- Swinburne is a world-ranked and internationally recognised university in Melbourne, Australia. We equip our students with the knowledge and capabilities they need to establish successful careers through high-quality teaching and industry engagement.
- Melbourne is a great destination in which to live and study. The city has been named the most liveable city in the world for the seventh consecutive year by the Economist Intelligence Unit’s Global Liveability Index (2011–17).
A world-ranked university
- At Swinburne, we produce outstanding research and continue to invest in research infrastructure. In 2018 the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) ranked Swinburne as one of the world’s top 400 universities.
- Swinburne was ranked number 45 in the 2019 QS Top 100 Under 50, an index of the world’s top universities under 50 years old. We also ranked number 65 in the Times Higher Education Young University Rankings in 2018.
- Swinburne has also been recognised as having one of the best design schools in the world, ranked equal number 40 by the 2018 QS World Rankings of Universities by Subject.
Support services for international students
- At Swinburne we offer many services to help you achieve your academic goals and to enhance your life as a student.
- We have agents all over the world to help you choose the right course. If you are in Melbourne, we offer one-on-one appointments so that you can speak with a course adviser to answer all your questions.
- We care about your well-being at Swinburne. We have dedicated International Student Advisers who can provide advice on academic and personal needs. They can help you access study support, health services and counselling.
- At Swinburne you will learn from highly experienced staff. Our courses provide access to opportunities that allow you to learn in innovative ways.
- Our close ties with industry mean our courses are relevant and up to date. Many of our courses are recognised by professional organisations and they offer you invaluable experiences across all study levels.
Prepare for your career
- Swinburne is recognised for producing graduates who are ready for employment. We offer a range of programs that extend beyond what you learn in the classroom to prepare you for your career. They include:
- professional placements
- careers and employment services
- projects with industry
- short-term international study programs
- Student Life Volunteering Program.
- Our Hawthorn campus has state-of-the-art laboratories and teaching facilities at the Advanced Technologies Centre and the Advanced Manufacturing and Design Centre. There’s on-campus accommodation and the campus is easily accessible by public transport. A range of services is also available on campus, including career and health services.
Awards and Achievements
Our standing in prestigious world academic ranking lists reflects our commitment to high-quality teaching and research and graduate outcomes:
- Top 3% globally (QS World University Rankings 2019)
- Top 50 Under 50 (QS World University Rankings 2019)
- Top 70 in the Asia Pacific (Times Higher Education University Rankings 2018)
- Top 40 for Art and Design (QS Rankings of University by Subject 2018)
- Top 75 for Civil Engineering (Academic Ranking of World Universities 2017)
- Top 200 institutions for science worldwide (Academic Ranking of World Universities 2016)
If you’ve excelled in your previous study, you could be awarded a Swinburne scholarship. Generally, the better your grades, the higher the initial scholarship amount. If you continue to do well in your studies at Swinburne, you may also be rewarded with increased scholarship amounts.
University Course Guides
John Street, Hawthorn,
VIC 3122, Australia
1300 275 794 (Australia)
+61 3 9214 8444 (Worldwide)