International Foundation Year
Find a course for: University of Sheffield
Download these results as:
About the University of Sheffield
Ranked among the best 100 universities in the world, the University of Sheffield welcomes more than 29,000 students from 150 countries. Founded in 1905, the University is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-led universities with 99% of research ranked as internationally recognised, excellent or world-leading.
Why Choose the University of Sheffield?
- £81 million state of the art teaching and learning Building for Engineering, the Diamond, opened in 2016
- £250 million capital investment on teaching facilities, students’ union, research labs, residences, sports and library facilities
- Around 350 student societies to get involved in
- 6 Nobel Prize winners
- The Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre is the UK’s leading university-manufacturing industry collaboration working with partners such as Boeing and Rolls-Royce
Awards & Achievements
- A world top 100 university (95th in the QS World University Rankings 2022)
- Students’ Union voted best in the UK for four years in a row (Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017)
- 43rd out of 250 universities in Europe for teaching (Times Higher Education Europe Teaching Rankings 2022)
- Among the top 50 most international universities in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022)
- The University is ranked 48th in the world and 14th in the UK.Top 10 in the Russell Group for research output (Research Excellence Framework 2014)
BA (Hons) International Relations and Politics
- This course covers Central, Southern and Eastern Europe, the EU, Asia (South), Africa and the Americas. Topics include international relations, governance and public policy, political theory and comparative politics.
- You can apply to spend your second year at a university in Europe, the USA, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore or Canada.
- In the third year, you’ll research and write a 12,000-word dissertation. You might collaborate on a research project with an external partner – like a government department or an NGO.
BA (Hons) International Business Management with Study Abroad
- In the first year we teach you the basics of business management including behaviour at work, accounting, quantitative methods, marketing, strategic management, business ethics and economics.
- You spend your second year studying business at a leading university in Australia, Canada, Europe, Hong Kong, Singapore or the USA. It’s an opportunity to look at areas like corporate social responsibility, marketing and supply chain management from an international perspective.
- In your third year in Sheffield, you’ll study international business and marketing in more detail. Optional modules include Work and Society in Japan, Integrated Marketing Communications and New Venture Creation.
BEng (Hons) Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Core topics include power systems, power electronics, electrical machines and drives and motion control systems.
- All first-year students take part in the faculty’s Global Engineering Challenge, working with students from other engineering disciplines to solve a real-world problem.
- In their final year, students work as part of a multidisciplinary team on a research project led by an academic with industry input.
BSc (Hons) Computer Science
- Students learn to understand the theoretical principles underlying a problem, and how to engineer a solution.
- As well as learning to program and think analytically, students are encouraged to work in teams and develop your communication skills.
- In the third year, half of the time is spent on a substantial individual project, giving students scope for creative and intellectual input.
University Course List
University of Sheffield
University of Sheffield
Western Bank, Sheffield
UK, S10 2TN
Phone: +44 114 222 2000
Jose David Muňetón
NCUK showed me the importance of independent study and helped me understand the UK system of education. NCUK is the best option to prepare for a UK degree
University of Sheffield BSc (Hons) Physics
Amal Hadi Jawad Mohamed Alaali
I have been enjoying my university life so far and I have also been quite busy with my projects. The university campus is large so there is somewhere new to visit every day.
University of Sheffield BSc (Hons) Landscape Architecture
Khalid Saidu Malami
My experience at my NCUK Study Centre was absolutely wonderful. It was engaging and immersive. I loved every single moment of it!
University of Sheffield BEng (Hons) Mechatronic and Robotic Engineering with a Year in Industry