Find a course for: The University of Sheffield
Download these results as:
As a member of the Russell Group, the University of Sheffield has a global reputation for outstanding teaching and research.
Why Choose The University of Sheffield?
- No. 1 in the Russell Group (UK’s Ivy League) in the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2017
- Sheffield is the top 10 per cent of all UK universities for research (REF 2014)
- Sheffield is the fourth largest city in England, it is also one of the best value cities to live and study in the UK
- Joint first in the UK for library services (Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2017)
- £81 million state of the art teaching and learning Building for Engineering, the Diamond, opened in 2016
- £250 million capital investment on teaching facilities, students’ union, research labs, residences, sports and library facilities
- More than 300 student societies to get involved in
- 6 Nobel Prize winners
- The Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre is the UK’s leading university-manufacturing industry collaboration working with partners such as Boeing and Rolls-Royce
Awards & Achievements
- Top 3 in the UK for student experience for the last 7 years (Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey
- Voted Best Students Union in the UK for the last 9 Years
- Best Student Accommodation in the UK (2013-2016) Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey
- The University is rated 82nd in the World and 13th in the UK in the 2018 QS World University Rankings
- 13th in the UK according to the 2018 Times Higher Education World University Rankings
- One of the top 100 ‘most international’ universities in the world (Times Higher Education 2016)
BA (Hons) International Relations and Politics
- This course covers Central, Southern and Eastern Europe, the EU, Asia (South), Africa and the Americas. Topics include international relations, governance and public policy, political theory and comparative politics.
- You can apply to spend your second year at a university in Europe, the USA, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore or Canada.
- In the third year, you’ll research and write a 12,000-word dissertation. You might collaborate on a research project with an external partner – like a government department or an NGO.
BA (Hons) International Business Management with Study Abroad
- In the first year we teach you the basics of business management including behaviour at work, accounting, quantitative methods, marketing, strategic management, business ethics and economics.
- You spend your second year studying business at a leading university in Australia, Canada, Europe, Hong Kong or the USA. It’s an opportunity to look at areas like corporate social responsibility, marketing and supply chain management from an international perspective.
- In your third year in Sheffield, you’ll study international business and marketing in more detail. Optional modules include Work and Society in Japan, Integrated Marketing Communications and New Venture Creation.
BEng (Hons) Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Core topics include power systems, power electronics, electrical machines and drives and motion control systems.
- All first-year students take part in the faculty’s Global Engineering Challenge, working with students from other engineering disciplines to solve a real-world problem.
- In their final year, students work as part of a multidisciplinary team on a research project led by an academic with industry input.
BSc (Hons) Computer Science
- Students learn to understand the theoretical principles underlying a problem, and how to engineer a solution.
- As well as learning to program and think analytically, students are encouraged to work in teams and develop your communication skills.
- In the third year, half of the time is spent on a substantial individual project, giving students scope for creative and intellectual input.
Read about scholarships available to NCUK applicants, including those applying to The University of Sheffield.
The University of Sheffield