Find a course for: The University of Sheffield
Download these results as:
About The University of Sheffield
Ranked among the best 100 universities in the world, The University of Sheffield welcomes more than 28,000 students from 144 countries. Founded in 1905, the University is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research led universities with 99% of research ranked as internationally recognised, excellent or world leading.
Why Choose The University of Sheffield?
- £81 million state of the art teaching and learning Building for Engineering, the Diamond, opened in 2016
- £250 million capital investment on teaching facilities, students’ union, research labs, residences, sports and library facilities
- More than 300 student societies to get involved in
- 6 Nobel Prize winners
- The Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre is the UK’s leading university-manufacturing industry collaboration working with partners such as Boeing and Rolls-Royce
Awards & Achievements
- A world top 100 university (75th in the QS World University Rankings 2019)
- Number 1 Students’ Union in the UK for 10 years (Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2018)
- Top 10 of the world’s best student cities (student.com 2018)
- 11 in Europe for Teaching Excellence. (THE Europe Teaching Rankings 2018)
- Top 5 in the UK for accommodation for five years in a row. (THE Student Experience Survey 2014-2018)
BA (Hons) International Relations and Politics
- This course covers Central, Southern and Eastern Europe, the EU, Asia (South), Africa and the Americas. Topics include international relations, governance and public policy, political theory and comparative politics.
- You can apply to spend your second year at a university in Europe, the USA, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore or Canada.
- In the third year, you’ll research and write a 12,000-word dissertation. You might collaborate on a research project with an external partner – like a government department or an NGO.
BA (Hons) International Business Management with Study Abroad
- In the first year we teach you the basics of business management including behaviour at work, accounting, quantitative methods, marketing, strategic management, business ethics and economics.
- You spend your second year studying business at a leading university in Australia, Canada, Europe, Hong Kong or the USA. It’s an opportunity to look at areas like corporate social responsibility, marketing and supply chain management from an international perspective.
- In your third year in Sheffield, you’ll study international business and marketing in more detail. Optional modules include Work and Society in Japan, Integrated Marketing Communications and New Venture Creation.
BEng (Hons) Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Core topics include power systems, power electronics, electrical machines and drives and motion control systems.
- All first-year students take part in the faculty’s Global Engineering Challenge, working with students from other engineering disciplines to solve a real-world problem.
- In their final year, students work as part of a multidisciplinary team on a research project led by an academic with industry input.
BSc (Hons) Computer Science
- Students learn to understand the theoretical principles underlying a problem, and how to engineer a solution.
- As well as learning to program and think analytically, students are encouraged to work in teams and develop your communication skills.
- In the third year, half of the time is spent on a substantial individual project, giving students scope for creative and intellectual input.
University Course List
Sheffield, S10 2TN
+44 114 222 2000