International Foundation Year
Find a course for: The University of Western Australia
Download these results as:
About The University of Western Australia
The University of Western Australia was established in 1911 as the State’s first university. Our university is a research-intensive university and the only Western Australian university part of the internationally recognised Group of Eight: Australia’s Leading Universities.
The global impact of our research and education places us as a world top 100 university (QS 2022). This means students join a community of passionate, intelligent and resourceful leaders who are driving innovation and change. They’ll connect with and work alongside leaders in education, research and industry, and follow in the footsteps of our thousands of graduate success stories.
Our campus is located on the banks of the Swan River and is one of the most picturesque in the nation with grand sandstone buildings and beautiful gardens which are listed in the Register of the Australian National Estate. Just a 10-minute drive to the east is Perth’s main shopping and business district while the iconic Cottesloe Beach is a short drive to the west.
The campus provides students with modern teaching and research facilities, lecture and tutorial spaces, studios and laboratories. The University offers a vibrant student experience through its many cafés, sporting facilities and shops. We have a host of clubs and societies you can join to take part in activities you already enjoy or get involved in something new. The UWA Student Guild runs more than 160 clubs and societies that cover a range of interest areas, from anime to zoology.
The university’s course structure is globally endorsed and designed to ensure students gain the skills and knowledge needed to succeed. Our undergraduate courses allow you to start your journey to a fulfilling career. You can specialise in one area or create a degree that combines your interests. Whatever career you seek, you’ll find a degree that fits. Design your own course with our comprehensive degrees such as the Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Commerce.
Choose one or two majors and a minor to suit your interests. Or study one of our specialised degrees such as the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) or Bachelor of Advance Computer Science (Honours). Take the express path to your postgraduate qualification with our combined bachelor’s and master’s degrees and complete two degrees in just four years.
We have strong industry partnerships with many organisations, giving students practical, real-world experiences alongside a strong theoretical education. This hands-on learning approach is highly valued by employers and helps ensure students are career-ready for life. Graduates from The University of Western Australia consistently exceed the national average starting salary and State graduate employment rates.
Why Choose The University of Western Australia?
- Located in Perth city, the capital of Western Australia, Perth is in the same time zone as 60% of the world’s population (+/- 2 hours)
- Perth is the world’s 6th most liveable city and one of Australia’s most affordable capital cities (Economist Intelligence Unit 2021)
- Perth is one of Australia’s most affordable capital cities
- Perth is one of Australia’s sunniest capital city, with a warm Mediterranean climate
- UWA campus is located 10 minutes by bus from the Central Business District and main shopping hub
Campus and Facilities
- Our campus is home to beautiful gardens, heritage-listed architecture and state of the art research and student facilities such as the Rosemarie Nathanson Financial Markets Trading Room and EZONE UWA student hub.
- UWA is a cultural hub, with a wide range of arts and cultural activities in our on-campus theatres, museums and galleries. UWA also founded the Perth Festival which brings world class performance, music, film, visual arts and literary events to Perth, Western Australia, every summer.
- UWA is #1 in Australia for on-campus events and activities (International Student Barometer Survey)
- With 160+ clubs and societies spanning anime to zoology, and Australia’s most active Student Guild, you’re sure to find your community at UWA no matter what you’re interested in
- Join a social sport team such as basketball, netball, soccer or ultimate frisbee, or stay fit with our on campus gym facilities and free yoga
- Live on campus at one of our five residential colleges. Join over 2500 college students from all over Australia and more than 55 countries around the world at St Catherine’s College, St George’s College, St Thomas More College, Trinity Residential College and University Hall
- UWA is WA’s #1 university for graduate employability (QS Graduate Employability Ranking 2021)
- Graduates from The University of Western Australia consistently exceed the national average starting salary and State graduate employment rates.
- Our alumni continue to inspire and bring about positive impacts on society. Notable alumni include Nobel Laureate Professor Barry Marshall, Former Prime Minister Bob Hawke, CEO Greenpeace Australia Pacific David Ritter and Mecca Cosmetica founder Jo Horgan.
Awards and Achievements
- Ranked 93rd university in the World (2022 QS)
- UWA is proud to have received the highest ranking among all Australian universities in mining and mineral engineering; marine/ocean engineering; agricultural sciences; environmental science; and engineering; and biological sciences in the 2021 Academic Ranking of World Universities by Subject (ARWU).
- Other Awards & Prizes
The University of Western Australia offers a range of scholarships for international students. Click here for more information.
The University of Western Australia
35 Stirling Highway,
Perth WA 6009 Australia
Phone: (+61 8) 6488 1000