International Foundation Year
Find a course for: The University of Manchester
Download these results as:
About The University of Manchester
Part of the prestigious Russell Group of universities, The University of Manchester enjoys an international reputation for pioneering research and innovation.
The University is one of Britain’s most famous and forward-thinking universities, with a rich heritage stretching back to 1824 and an exciting agenda for the future. Many major advances of the 20th century began here, including the birth of the computer, the work that led to the splitting of the atom and the founding principles of modern economics. Today, research remains at the heart of the University and the quality, breadth and volume of research activity is unparalleled in the UK. Our story is one of world firsts and brilliant discoveries, with 25 Nobel Prize winners having worked or studied here.
According to the 2021 QS Ranking of World Universities, Manchester ranks 27th in the world and 6th in the UK. Now the largest single-site university in the UK, based in one of the most exciting cities in the world, Manchester is also a truly international institution – with over 10,000 international students welcomed to our campus each academic year.
Our subject strengths span a broad range of disciplines across Humanities (including our Alliance Manchester Business School), Science & Engineering and Biology, Medicine & Health.
We are the most targeted university in the UK by the nation’s top graduate employers (The Graduate Market in 2020, High Fliers Research).
Why Choose The University of Manchester?
- The Masood Entrepreneurship Centre offers resources and support for student-led start-ups.
- We’re the 23rd most international university in the world, according to Times Higher Education(2020).
- 94% of our graduates go straight into jobs or further study.
- Largest Student’s Union in the UK with over 400 clubs and societies
- Exceptional facilities including the largest High voltage lab in the UK
- MECD, the largest single site for study and research of Engineering will open in 2022 and will be the size of approximately 11 football pitches.
- Huge breadth of choice with over 400 undergraduate courses.
- Guaranteed accommodation for the entirety of your undergraduate course.
- The University of Manchester Library is one of only five National Research Libraries.
Awards & Achievements
- A leading University in the UK ranked 27th in the World (QS 2021).
- Ranked 8th in the UK according to the Times Higher Education 2021.
- The University is listed in the top ten European universities for teaching excellence in the 2019 Times Higher Education Europe Teaching Rankings. This ranking makes The University of Manchester one of the best in the country as well as the continent for student engagement and post-study outcomes.
- Ranked 1st in World (THE University Impact Rankings) reflecting the university’s endeavours to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Associated with 25 Nobel Laureates.
- The most targeted university in the UK by the nation’s top graduate employers (The Graduate Market in 2020, High Fliers Research).
- Times and Sunday Times top University for employability in 2020.
BSc (Hons) Actuarial Science and Mathematics
- Students learn to use specialist mathematical skills to measure the probability and risk of future events in financial industries on this three year BSc course.
- This course, which is accredited by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, combines an in-depth understanding of financial systems with problem solving and strategic thinking.
- After successful completion, students will have the skills set required for entry to a trainee actuary position, further study, or a range of related career options
BEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering
- Gain the fundamentals of Chemical Engineering as well as the supporting mathematics and science in just three years on this BEng course.
- Students will develop skills such as problem solving, communication and team working in addition to building up sound scientific knowledge and understanding.
- A range of specialist options, industrial placements or foreign study are available.
BSc (Hons) Textile Science & Technology
- A BSc course which will help students stand apart from others when applying for jobs.
- Driven by the needs of the global textile industry, which is focused on high-end technical applications.
- Significant input from industrial partners in curriculum development and course delivery.
- Develops the multidisciplinary skills needed in a competitive marketplace.
BSc (Hons) Software Engineering
- This degree programme will equip students with the skills needed to follow a career developing software engineering systems and other computer-based solutions
- Gain not only knowledge and practical experience of the latest technologies, but also a grounding in the underlying principles of the subject.
- A combination of skills enables Manchester graduates to keep pace with this fast moving subject, and secure financially rewarding careers that can be pursued almost anywhere in the world.
BA (Econ) Accounting and Finance
- Taught by experts across the university, including Alliance Manchester Business School, the degree features a broad range of internationally recognised and research-led teaching in accounting, finance, economics and law
- Students also benefit from the ties that the university has with the three main accounting bodies (ICAEW, CIMA and ACCA) along with international businesses, such as PricewaterhouseCoopers, Kellogg’s and Rolls Royce.
- A flexible and relevant learning experience for anyone considering a career in finance, accounting or banking.
To view the wide range of scholarships available to international students, please click here. For details regarding regional awards, please click here.
University Prospectus and Courses
Download The University of Manchester prospectus by clicking here. To view the university’s undergraduate course finder, please click here.
The University of Manchester
The University of Manchester,
Manchester, M13 9PL
Phone: +44 (0) 161 275 2196
I chose to study at The University of Manchester because of the world reputation of the university and the city; the university is globally well-respected and will boost my employability.
The University of Manchester BSc (Hons) Accounting with Industrial/Professional Experience
Danial Haider Tabassum
NCUK has provided me with the platform, essential tools and opportunities to excel and achieve what I have today. It is a journey which sets you out on a new yet rewarding path. Truly a life changing experience.
The University of Manchester BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering with Industrial Experience
My greatest achievement so far was getting admitted to The University of Manchester and being awarded the NCUK Prize Award. NCUK was a brilliant platform for me to get to my dream university.
The University of Manchester BAEcon (Hons) Business Studies and Sociology