Find a course for: The University of Manchester
Download these results as:
Based in one of the most dynamic, global student cities, The University of Manchester offers a world-class learning experience rooted in a rich educational heritage.
Why Choose The University of Manchester?
- 25 Nobel prize winners among former and current staff and students
- The Alan Gilbert Learning Commons is open 24/7 providing cutting edge IT facilities, a variety of learning spaces and student-centred services
- The University Library is one of the largest academic libraries in the country, with over four million books and publications
- Manchester is undertaking the biggest investment in University facilities within the UK, with a ten-year, £1 billion plan – creating a world class campus for students and staff
- The welcoming, accessible and multicultural environment that is the city of Manchester provides the ideal base for your time studying in the UK
Awards & Achievements
- Top 40 University in the QS World Rankings 2018 (34)
- Top 40 University in the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2017 (38)
- Most targeted UK University by top employers 2017-18 (High Fliers Survey 2018)
BSc (Hons) Actuarial Science and Mathematics
- Students learn to use specialist mathematical skills to measure the probability and risk of future events in financial industries on this three year BSc course.
- This course, which is accredited by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, combines an in-depth understanding of financial systems with problem solving and strategic thinking.
- After successful completion, students will have the skills set required for entry to a trainee actuary position, further study, or a range of related career options
BEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering
- Gain the fundamentals of Chemical Engineering as well as the supporting mathematics and science in just three years on this BEng course.
- Students will develop skills such as problem solving, communication and team working in addition to building up sound scientific knowledge and understanding.
- A range of specialist options, industrial placements or foreign study are available.
BSc (Hons) Textile Science & Technology
- A BSc course which will help students stand apart from others when applying for jobs.
- Driven by the needs of the global textile industry, which is focused on high-end technical applications.
- Significant input from industrial partners in curriculum development and course delivery.
- Develops the multidisciplinary skills needed in a competitive marketplace.
BSc (Hons) Software Engineering
- This degree programme will equip students with the skills needed to follow a career developing software engineering systems and other computer-based solutions
- Gain not only knowledge and practical experience of the latest technologies, but also a grounding in the underlying principles of the subject.
- A combination of skills enables Manchester graduates to keep pace with this fast moving subject, and secure financially rewarding careers that can be pursued almost anywhere in the world.
BA (Econ) Accounting and Finance
- Taught by experts across the university, including Alliance Manchester Business School, the degree features a broad range of internationally recognised and research-led teaching in accounting, finance, economics and law
- Students also benefit from the ties that the university has with the three main accounting bodies (ICAEW, CIMA and ACCA) along with international businesses, such as PricewaterhouseCoopers, Kellogg’s and Rolls Royce.
- A flexible and relevant learning experience for anyone considering a career in finance, accounting or banking.
Read about scholarships available to NCUK applicants, including those applying to The University of Manchester.
The University of Manchester