Find a course for: University of Exeter
Download these results as:
About the University of Exeter
Home of world-class research, teaching and facilities, Exeter is one of the top universities in the world. We warmly welcome international students and ensure that you have all the support you need, both before you arrive and whilst you are studying with us, so you can make the most of your time in the UK.
At present more than 5,000 students from 140 countries outside the UK contribute to a thriving international community across our beautiful, safe campuses in Exeter and Cornwall. A member of the Russell Group of leading research-intensive universities, our success is built on a strong partnership with our students and a clear focus on high performance.
Exeter is regularly ranked in the top 10 of universities in the UK and is amongst the top 150 universities worldwide according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, the most influential global league table.
Recent breakthroughs to come out of Exeter’s research include the identification and treatment of new forms of diabetes and the creation of the world’s most transparent, lightweight and flexible conductor of electricity. Our research focuses on some of the most fundamental issues facing humankind today.
Our campuses are located in a region which boasts some of the most beautiful countryside and coastline in the UK. Exeter is a historic student-friendly city only two and a half hours from London. Students studying at our Penryn Campus are close to Falmouth, a scenic Cornish port town with a vibrant student community.
Why Choose the University of Exeter?
- TEF Gold award for teaching excellence – Consistently delivering outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for our students
- Research excellence – 98% of our research is of international quality, with 82% rated world-leading or internationally excellent
- Ranked in the top 150 universities worldwide
- Graduate employability – 95% of graduates in employment or further study six months after graduation (DHLE Survey 2015/16)
- Member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive universities
- Sporting success – 5th in the 2016-2017 British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) championship
- International reputation – winner at the What Uni? Student Choice awards 2015 & 2017
- Beautiful campuses – the University of Exeter has won Green Flag Awards for its picturesque and eco-friendly campuses
- Fantastic locations – choose from the vibrant city centre of Exeter, Devon, or the quirky seaside community of Penryn, near Falmouth in Cornwall. Both offer coast and countryside on the doorstep, offering an abundance of outdoor activities.
- Support for students – our support staff are on hand to support you throughout your degree, from our Wellbeing and Disability Services, to support for care leavers, mature and estranged students
Awards and Achievements
- Voted top 10 in the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2018
- Rated 5 Stars in the 2019 QS Stars ratings
- Exeter is amongst the top 150 universities worldwide according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, the most influential global league table.
- Queen’s Anniversary Prize awarded in 2020 for research on microplastic pollution
The city of Exeter is a really great area for student living. It is safe and friendly, and has lots of good restaurants and pubs. My favourite place is the Quay, as I enjoy jogging there. The Career Zone was particularly useful when I applied for my Industrial Placement. The consultants helped me with my CV, interview practice and tips for group discussion. The University is really diverse and international, and I have made friends with lots of people from different backgrounds.
Ruby from China, studying BSc Economics and Finance with Industrial Experience
Our academic colleges offer subject and programme-specific scholarships for international students (some of which are also nationality-specific). Click here for more information on scholarships that may be available.
University Course List
University of Exeter, Stocker Road, Exeter, EX4 4PY, United Kingdom
+44 (0) 1392 661000