NCUK Annual Report 16-17: Growth Results in Major Milestone
NCUK Growth results in major milestone and Over £100m contribution to British economy
Over 2,000 NCUK students successfully placed to university over the last year. During the 16/17 financial year, NCUK hit a milestone for student placements and has now placed over 30,000 students onto university courses since 1987. Today sees the publication of the NCUK Annual Report for 2016/17. As with many, it was a challenging year with the impact from Brexit and further changes to student visas and UK immigration. Despite this, NCUK generated over £50m for its member universities and an estimated similar amount for the local economies from cost of living expenses.
Neil McLean CBE, Chair, NCUK Board of Directors commented:
Our academic performance remains consistently high. Pass rates on NCUK qualifications remain over 80%. More importantly, 93% of our students successfully complete their first year at university – and 80% receive a first or second class degree. As a quality driven organisation, we continue to celebrate our students’ success and are determined that it will continue. The organisational and developmental changes which commenced in 2015/16 are having real impact and resulted in an expansion of our international Partner Network and the recruitment of over 2700 students. If any university, education provider, school or college is looking at international expansion, I recommend you speak to one of our Market Development team.
NCUK’s 2016/17 cohort of students will provide NCUK Universities with:
- 2,073 students were admitted to universities or continued on the International Year One
- £19.8 million of tuition fee income in 17/18 financial year (+%5 increase on 15/16 cohort)
- £51.1 million of tuition fee income generated over the duration of their degree course
During the 16/17 financial year, NCUK hit a milestone for student placements and has now placed over 30,000 students onto university courses since 1987.
NCUK welcomed eight new Partners in six new markets to the NCUK Global Network of Study Centres in 2016/17:
- Hong Kong = Pui Kui College
- Malaysia = Fairview School Kuala Lumpur
- Myanmar = Crown Education Learning Centre
- Peru = Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas (UPC)
- Qatar = University Foundation College
- Thailand = ABAC Study Abroad Centre – Assumption University
- UK = BSC London Hampstead
- UK = CATS College London
Contact us to see how we can help develop your internationalisation strategy, pathway provision, increase international student recruitment or develop a transnational education project.