Find a course for: Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
Download these results as:
About Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
Auckland University of Technology (AUT) is a modern, world-ranked university located in beautiful, multicultural Auckland. It is New Zealand’s second-largest university, known for its international outlook, outstanding teaching and student facilities, interactive learning environment and its focus on industry connections, employability and research that positively impacts society.
AUT’s mission is to create great graduates, and each member of our staff contributes to this. We offer exceptional learning experiences that prepare students to be successful wherever in the world their career may take them.
We know that to create truly great graduates, we must do more than get them ready for their career; we must get them ready for the world. Our students are from 137 different countries, and half of our academic staff were born overseas, and they often share their international experience and connections with their students. We have over 5,000 industry partners around the world and have collaborated on research projects with 140 different countries.
As a young and agile university, AUT is one of the best modern universities in the world. We rank in the top 1% of universities worldwide, 1st in New Zealand for global research impact and 16th in the world for social impact.
More than 29,000 students choose AUT for study at an undergraduate, postgraduate and pre-degree level across our three campuses in Auckland’s central business district, on the North Shore and in Manukau.
We provide our students with exceptional learning experiences that combine the latest digital resources and technologies with innovative teaching techniques and practices. Our students learn in engaging environments and are encouraged to be active participants, develop their own views, challenge and be challenged, and apply their learnings in the real world. Our students are connected to business and industry through work placements, internships and entrepreneurial programmes, and engage with communities through volunteering and leadership initiatives.
With more than 250 courses to choose from, AUT students have access to a wide range of programmes designed for meaningful careers that will positively impact business and society. Our students come from a variety of backgrounds and are offered all the support, encouragement and inspiration needed to thrive at university. We offer some of the most comprehensive student services and support in New Zealand, but care and support go beyond these services – from conversations with lecturers to student clubs and campus events.
Why Choose Auckland University of Technology (AUT)?
- World-Class Teaching and Learning – Ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide (Times Higher Education World Rankings 2020)
- Strong global focus, outlook and impact – Consistently ranked No 1 in New Zealand for international outlook (Times Higher Education World Rankings 2020)
- World-ready graduates in demand by employers – Five-star ranking for graduate employability (QS Stars 2020-2022)
- An outstanding learning environment – At AUT, we celebrate diversity. Our students come from 140 different countries and we’re proud of the services available to meet students’ needs and interests.
Awards and Achievements
Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021
- Ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide
- Number 1 for global research impact in New Zealand
- Top university for international outlook in New Zealand
- Ranked 23rd in the world for social and economic impact
- For individual Sustainability Development Goals we’re ranked:
- 1st in the world – SDG 8 Decent work and economic growth
- 11th in the world – SDG 5 Gender equality
- 20th in the world – SDG 11 Sustainable cities and communities
- Top millennial university in Australasia and top 40 young university in the world
If you are an international student thinking of studying at Auckland University of Technology (AUT), you may be eligible for a scholarship. Please click here to view the scholarships available for international students.
Auckland University of Technology (AUT) offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, please click here to view the university prospectus for 2021.
Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
AUT City Campus,
55 Wellesley Street East,
Auckland Central, 1010,
Phone: +64 9 921 9999