International Foundation Year
About Harper Adams University
Founded in 1901, Harper Adams University is a top 30 university and the UK’s leading specialist provider of higher education for the agri-food sector. The business and science of sustainability runs through all subjects, which include agricultural production, business management, the food supply chain, mechanical engineering (including precision agriculture); environmental management, data science, veterinary professionals and wider animal health and welfare.
With Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal as its Chancellor, Harper Adams has a strong and proud 120-year heritage of providing agricultural education. Students choose the university for its unrivalled industry connections, outstanding student experience, excellent graduate prospects and to join a community of scholars, all united in pursuit of solutions for important global problems, on a stunning rural campus in the heart of England.
Situated in one of the key agricultural and rural locations in the UK, surrounded by a 627-hectare farm, Harper Adams University boasts a perfect blend of natural and built resources, commercial enterprises and social settings for any student seeking a rounded, fulfilling and career-defining education.
Harper Adams is a community, so you will be supported both personally and academically. Services available include mental health and welfare support, English language support, organised cultural trips to other parts of the UK, Students’ Union activities and more.
Why Choose Harper Adams University?
- World-leading research – last UK Research Excellence Framework concluded that all research conducted by Harper Adams University is of international quality and that more than 50 per cent is either world-leading or internationally excellent.
- 120 years of applied agricultural education
- Partnerships and connections in academia and industry across the globe
- Highly rated by students
- Personalised, student-centred approach – be a name and not a number
- Outstanding facilities – £40 million invested over 10 years
- A respected name among employers
- Join a community of students from countries and regions including China, African nations, the USA, Middle East, Latin America and across Europe, as well as the UK.
- Pre-sessional English language courses are available here.
- International students are given priority for on-campus accommodation
- Located in the beautiful countryside but approx. 1 hour by car from major cities, Manchester and Birmingham, and 30 minutes from the main railway line to London – a 1 hour and 20-minute train ride (on the fast service).
Awards and achievements
- Top 30 University; The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021
- The UK’s top-rated Modern University 2017 – 2022 for six years running
- Whatuni Student Choice Awards – gold for Job Prospects, 2020
- Number 1 in the UK for graduate employment (Graduate Outcomes 2021)
- Top 10 in the UK for student satisfaction (National Student Survey, 2021)
- Number 1 in the world for Agriculture and Forestry employer reputation (QS World University Rankings 2020)
£500,000 of scholarships was available in 2020 across undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Students are informed of awards they are eligible to apply for after they started their course. For the latest information click here.
Reduced University fee scholarships are available to some students applying for postgraduate study after completing undergraduate degrees at partner institutions.
Harper Adams University
Shropshire TF10 8NB
Phone: +44 1952 815 000