International Foundation Year
Find a course for: Massey University
Download these results as:
About Massey University
Massey University has a long, proud tradition of teaching and research excellence. Since we were founded almost 100 years ago, we have been breaking new ground in all our areas of expertise – business, creative art, health, science, humanities and social science.
Each year more than 5000 international students from over 100 countries find a warm and welcoming environment at our three North Island campuses in Auckland, Palmerston North and Wellington. Our geographic spread over these three major cities, as well as our heritage and the range of programmes we offer, provide an environment that enables students from around the world to be creative, connected and innovative contributors to society.
Massey prides itself on the relevance and quality of our programmes and we are consistently ranked in the top 3% of universities worldwide. We have a well-established reputation for academic leadership, research excellence and innovative teaching grounded in real-world issues. International students who come to Massey find a safe, friendly place to study and an intellectual climate in which they are encouraged to excel.
Why Choose Massey University?
- With excellent study opportunities and world-class education, New Zealand is one of the most attractive destinations for international students.
- Massey University has 3 beautiful campuses with state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities.
- We have world-class academic programmes, teachers and researchers and the widest offering of digital teaching technology of any university in New Zealand.
- Teaching is interactive, progressive, and research-led and we offer undergraduate and postgraduate programmes with more than 70 majors.
- According to the 2020 QS World University rankings, Massey is one of the top 300 universities in the world and we are ranked 29th in the world for agriculture.
- Massey Manawatū has New Zealand’s only veterinary teaching hospital and school which is ranked 28th in the world for Veterinary Science (2020 QS World University rankings).
- Massey has one of the largest business schools in the country and the only university-based trading room in the country.
- Our Agricultural Sciences, Biotechnology, Business Administration, Communication, Political Sciences and Veterinary Sciences programmes are ranked first in New Zealand according to the 2020 Shanghai Rankings Global Ranking of subjects.
- We are the oldest and most prestigious design school in New Zealand and our creative arts students have won more awards than any other design school which has been named the number one ranked design school in the Asia-Pacific at the Red Dot Awards.
- Massey is also the only place in New Zealand where students can turn their passion for aviation into a university qualification with an internationally-recognised pilot training facility.
Awards and Achievements
QS World University Rankings 2020
- Ranked in the top 300 universities in the world
- 5 stars plus rating
- 28th equal in the world for veterinary science
- 29th in the world for agriculture
Shanghai Ranking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2020
- Food Science & Technology, 1st in NZ and 48th in the world
- Agricultural Sciences: 1st in New Zealand, top 200
- Biotechnology: 1st equal in New Zealand, top 300
- Business Administration: 1st in New Zealand, top 150
- Communication: 1st in New Zealand, top 200
- Political Sciences: 1st equal in New Zealand, top 400
- Veterinary Sciences: 1st in New Zealand, top 75
If you are an international student thinking of studying at Massey University, you may be eligible for a scholarship. Please click here to view the scholarships available for students.
Massey University offers a wide range of degree programmes, please click here to view the full list of degree courses available.
Massey University has 3 campuses for students:
- Auckland Campus: Massey University’s innovative Auckland / Ōtehā campus is located on the North Shore of New Zealand’s largest city – Auckland (Pictured on the map above).
- Manawatū Campus: The Manawatū campus is Massey’s original campus. With lovely heritage buildings and park-like grounds located near Palmerston North city, it is one of the best places in the country to experience the real student lifestyle.
- Wellington Campus: The Wellington campus is in New Zealand’s capital city and is a great place to live. It is a compact city, set between a magnificent harbour and rolling green hills, where shops, exciting galleries and great restaurants are within easy walking distance
For more information about each campus, please visit their website.
Phone: 0064 6 356 9099 or 0064 9 414 0800