International Foundation Year
Find a course for: Queen’s University Belfast
Download these results as:
About Queen’s University Belfast
Queen’s University Belfast was founded in 1845 as Queen’s College Belfast which later became an independent university in 1908. The university is a member of the prestigious Russell Group which is made up of 24 research-intensive universities that combine excellence in research and education with a student-centred ethos.
Why Choose Queen’s University Belfast?
- The university is ranked 8th in the UK for research intensity, while 75% of its research is world-class or internationally leading (Research Excellence Framework 2014).
- The university is located in Belfast which has the lowest cost of living in the UK (Mercer Cost of Living City Ranking 2021). Northern Ireland was also named the world’s best food destination (International Travel and Tourism Awards, 2018).
- Students at the university benefit from exceptional teaching from academics who produce world-leading research. This allows students to obtain a more relevant and valuable degree.
- The university campus has developed thanks to a £350million investment which has produced cutting-edge facilities including the £50m McClay Library. This places the university joint 9th in the UK for university facilities (Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2018).
- The university offers students the chance to enhance their degrees by offering a range of study or work abroad opportunities that enable students to broaden their horizons, enrich their university experience and gain an edge in the graduate job market.
- There are a number of support services available for students to utilise during their time at university including the Student Guidance Centre, and a range of generous bursaries and scholarships to help students get the most from their time at the university.
Awards and Achievements
- The university is ranked 43rd in the world (Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2021).
- 10 subjects are ranked as part of the top 200 in the world (QS World University Rankings 2021).
- Three of these subjects are in the World Top 100 (QS World Rankings by subject 2021).
- The university is ranked 21st in the world for international outlook (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021).
- The university was ranked 1st for satisfaction with sporting facilities (International Student Barometer 2020/1).
- 96% of undergraduates and 94.1% of postgraduates from the university are in employment or further study six months after graduation (HESA Destination of Leavers from Higher Education Survey, 2016/17).
The university is in the top 140 in the world for graduate prospects (QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020).
- Ranked 8th in the UK for research intensity (REF 2014/Times Higher Education).
- 94% of international students at the university were satisfied with the subject area expertise of their lecturers (International Student Barometer 2020/21).
Queen’s University Belfast
Queen’s University Belfast
University Road, Belfast
Northern Ireland, BT7 1NN
Phone: +44 (0)28 9097 5088