Find a course for: RMIT University
Download these results as:
About RMIT University
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise and one of Australia’s original tertiary institutions. The University enjoys an international reputation for excellence in practical education and outcome-oriented research. We offer undergraduate, postgraduate and vocational programs and courses that are global in focus and practical in application.
RMIT has three campuses in Melbourne, Australia, two in Vietnam , and a research centre in Barcelona, Spain. RMIT is a leader in technology, design, global business, communication, global communities, health solutions and urban sustainable futures.
RMIT is a global university with a reputation for excellence in leadership and innovation, with the advantages of:
- internationally recognised programs
- state-of-the-art technology and facilities
- exchange partnerships with over 150 partners across 41 countries
- opportunities for work-integrated learning
Our courses are constantly updated to meet the changing needs of business and the broader community, and to provide students with specialised content to ensure professional and personal success in a rapidly changing world.
RMIT graduates are valued by employers around the world for their leadership skills and work readiness. We have forged strong industry links over our 128-year history. Collaboration with industry is integral to the University’s leadership in applied research and education, and to the development of highly skilled, globally focused graduates.
Why choose RMIT University?
- Central location – RMIT University’s main campus is situated in the heart of Melbourne, one of the world’s most multicultural and livable cities. It easily accessible by all forms of the city’s public transport network.
- Strong emphasis on practical learning experiences – At RMIT we encourage students to satisfy their curiosity about the world while developing the skills and direct industry experience that sets our graduates apart and make employers sit up and take notice.
- Industry lead education – RMIT has partnerships with leading organisations like BMW, the United Nations, Deloitte, Adidas and L’Oréal to make sure your education is relevant and connected to the needs of industry.
- Skills based education – Students graduate equipped with world-class technical skills as well as an in-depth understanding of current industry practices. RMIT specialises in practical, industry-based learning designed to give you the skills and direct experience that employers value.
- Learn from the best – At RMIT you’ll learn from experts working at the forefront of their fields and benefit from teachers and lecturers who apply their research discoveries, industry judgement and specialist expertise directly to your programs. We also partner with organisations including Deloitte, Adidas and BMW to ensure your education is relevant and connected to the needs of industry.
- International Excellence – As a QS 5-star rated institution, RMIT is ranked as one of the world’s leading universities with a strong research record and state-of-the-art facilities and infrastructure. Whether you complete your degree in Australia or on exchange anywhere in the world, we aim to provide students with best experience possible along with the skills to succeed in their chosen career.
- Global Opportunities – Enrich your studies with an experience tailored to your academic and personal interests. Whether you’re a vocational education, undergraduate, or postgraduate student, there’s a global opportunity for you
- Mentoring – Kick start your career by finding an mentor. Our mentors come from a variety of private, public sector and not-for-profit organisations and have management and leadership experience. Many mentors are RMIT alumni who have had a similar RMIT experience as you and all are dedicated industry professionals who have volunteered to support future entrants into their industry.
Awards and achievements
- 15th in Australia and 223rd globally
- QS 5-star ranking for excellence in higher education
- 4th in Australia and 22nd in top 50 universities under 50 years old
- 1st in Australia and 11th globally in Art and Design
- 3rd in Australia and 22nd globally in Architecture
- 4th in Australia and 44th globally in Communication and Media Studies
- 3rd in Australia and 49th globally for Library and Information Management
- Education and Training
- Engineering (Civil & Structural)
- Engineering (Electrical and Electronic)
- Computer Science and Information Systems
- Engineering (Mechanical, Aerospace and Manufacturing)
Business of Fashion Rankings 2019
- 1st in Australia and top 11 globally (Undergraduate – Fashion Design)
- 1st in Australia and top 10 globally (Postgraduate – Fashion Business & Management)
All international student scholarships and awards can be seen here.
124 La Trobe Street
Melbourne, Victoria, 3000
Phone: +61 3 9925 2000