International Foundation Year
Find a course for: Sheffield Hallam University
Download these results as:
About Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University boasts a friendly, diverse community of students and staff from more than 100 countries around the world. Sheffield was also named the most affordable student city in the UK by The Royal Bank of Scotland’s Student Living Index 2021.
Why Choose Sheffield Hallam University?
- 94% of all graduates are in work or further study 15 months after graduating and most are employed in highly skilled roles (2018/19 HESA Graduate Outcomes Survey).
- More than £100m investment in the last five years to provide students with outstanding teaching and learning facilities, student-designed study areas, specialist facilities and industry-standard equipment.
- Work experience opportunities are guaranteed on every degree and 23,000 placements and real-world projects are offered to students every year (Based on placements available in 2018/19).
- Libraries on each of our campuses open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Access to a wide range of services and resources to support academic study and employability skills development and a dedicated specialist team, supporting international students throughout their time at Sheffield Hallam.
Awards & Achievements
- Awarded the maximum 5 stars in the 2021 QS Stars excellence rating, achieving top marks in employability, facilities, innovation and inclusivity.
- Named University of the Year at the 2022 Educate North Awards, in recognition of the number of graduates going on to gain quality jobs, widening access to higher education, and the positive impact the University has on its region.
- Named Outstanding Entrepreneurial University at the Times Higher Education Awards 2021, in recognition of our strategic programme which embedded entrepreneurial principles throughout the whole University.
- 91% student satisfaction rating for Sheffield Hallam University careers advice (2021 Welcome Back to Sheffield Hallam Survey).
- Named University of the Year at the 2021 UK Social Mobility Awards in recognition of our work to advance social mobility through higher education. We offer support for communities that have traditionally found education harder to access.
BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
- Master industry-standard engineering skills that meet Engineering Council requirements, using our modern, industry-standard facilities.
- Develop real-world experience with ongoing practical projects and the opportunity to take a paid year in industry.
- Gain a well-rounded education in both theoretical and practical mechanical engineering.
BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Gain hands-on experience of practical electrical and electronic engineering work.
- Develop your skills in specialist laboratories and workshops.
Study a range of topics including electronic design, communications, software engineering, computer modelling, microelectronics, power generation and distribution, signal processing, renewable energy systems, smart building systems and instrumentation.
- Gain real-world experience with well-known companies.
BA (Hons) International Business
- Develop specialist expertise by studying key international business topics.
- Apply your knowledge and skills to real-life business projects.
- Study a foreign language to improve your employability.
- Have the opportunity to work abroad — with the possibility of funding support
BA (Hons) Business and Financial Management
- Develop specialist financial knowledge in areas such as global financial markets, risk management and corporate governance.
- Learn how to understand, interpret and critically evaluate financial information, as well as build skills in business management – vital for careers in management at senior levels and beyond.
- Have the opportunity to work abroad – with the possibility of funding support
BSc (Hons) Events Management
- Collaborate with real events professionals and organisations.
- Have guaranteed work experience opportunities in every year of study.
Produce a live event experience in your final year of study.
- Learn from our research-active tutors with years of experience in the industry.
- Enhance your career potential with additional industry certification, networking and opportunities to study abroad.
MSc Construction Project Management
- Take this fast-track conversion course to work in the construction industry. The course is also suitable for current professionals looking to develop their career prospects.
- Opportunities to work on a real construction project with guidance from experienced professionals.
- Learn key managerial skills and knowledge required for a range of construction project management roles.
- Develop insights and knowledge to plan, programme, procure, develop, and manage, both logistically and contractually a wide range of construction projects.
MSc International Hospitality Management
- Students gain the theoretical background, skills and experiences to become successful leaders in the hospitality industry.
- Develop a depth of knowledge and understanding of management theories and critically evaluate and apply concepts to problems and issues in the international hospitality industry.
- Explore value and belief systems and share ideas with colleagues from a variety of backgrounds, promoting internationalisation.
- Develop investigative research skills and progress to research degrees or undertake consultancy.
MSc International Business Management
- Build knowledge and intellectual abilities through an academically rigorous course of study, informed by the latest developments.
- Develop skills, competencies and personal attributes relevant to the international business manager.
- Strengthen independent learning, personal responsibility and initiative and develop team working skills.
- Refine abilities in problem-solving, communication and the application of information technology
Visit the university’s Awards and Scholarships web page to search for scholarships available at Sheffield Hallam University including exclusive scholarships for international students.
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University,
Howard Street, Sheffield
S1 1WB, United Kingdom
Phone: +44 (0) 1142 255 555
In my class, students from other countries don't have the same skills as me. With the EAP and Research Methods modules that I completed, it's easier for me.
Sheffield Hallam University MSc International Human Resource Management
University is going really well. There is plenty of tutor and student support who are able to help with any problems you have, for example staff helped me during induction week.
Sheffield Hallam University BA (Hons) Politics
I like the facilities at Sheffield Hallam University. Whatever the problem, there is someone who can help me out such as a CV adviser and international adviser.
Sheffield Hallam University BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering