International Foundation Year
Find a course for: State University of New York (SUNY) Oswego
Download these results as:
About State University of New York (SUNY) Oswego
State University of New York (SUNY) at Oswego is one of the best comprehensive universities in the U.S. and known for its extraordinary faculty, its welcoming atmosphere, and its reputation for producing fiercely loyal alumni. For more than 160 years, SUNY Oswego has been inspired by those who desire to push traditional higher-education boundaries. With a student body of nearly 8,000 students, SUNY Oswego is large enough to offer over 110 programs in Science, Business, and the Arts, yet small enough for students to form quality relationships with each other and our faculty.
Our prestigious School of Business holds the highest accreditation in the world (AACSB) and consistently offers excellent internship opportunities at prestigious companies. Our Bachelor of Science degree programs in Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) and Software Engineering (SE) have been accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET. At SUNY Oswego internships and co-ops are planned, registered experiences that allow students to explore and confirm their career options. Students can find internships and co-ops that match their academic and career fields in a variety of local, national and international placements.
Why Choose SUNY Oswego?
- SUNY Oswego offers a guaranteed 9,000/year scholarship to international students upon acceptance to the university. SAT/ACT exams are not required for admission. There is the possibility to obtain up to $5,600/year additional scholarships based on academic excellence.
- Student employment opportunities: 85% of the students work on campus for at least 10 hours a week.
- SUNY Oswego has over 200 Students clubs and organizations, including 24 NCAA Division III athletic teams, help students to get involved, form connections and develop friendships that will last a lifetime
- 95 % of SUNY Oswego graduates are either employed or continuing their education, and 91% of employed graduates are working full time in their field of choice.
- SUNY Oswego students have participated in nearly 800 internship or co-ops programs. Employers include IBM, Google, KPMG, NASA, and many more.
- The Education Abroad Office at SUNY Oswego sends over 400 students per year on more than 80 overseas academic programs to over 30 countries.
Awards and Achievements
- Top 10 Public “Best Regional Universities-North”-U.S. News & World Report, 2022
- Top 10 “Region’s Best Value Schools”-U.S. News & World Report, 2021
- Nationally Ranked online MBA; #1 New York State Public College in “Best Online Degree Programs: MBA” –U.S. News & World Report, 2022
- One of the Nation’s Top “Green Colleges”- Princeton Review, 2022
- Top Undergraduate Engineering Programs, non-doctorate, and Top business schools-U.S. News
SUNY Oswego provides outstanding scholarships to its undergraduate international students, including a guaranteed $9,000 annual Destination Oswego Scholarship. There is the possibility to obtain additional scholarships based on academic excellence, please see the rubric here
7060 State Route 104,
Oswego, NY 13126-3599
United States of America