Find a course for: The University of Salford
Download these results as:
Specialising in delivering industry-focused degrees, the University of Salford works closely with business and employers to ensure that its courses are relevant to the real world.
Why Choose The University of Salford?
- The only university with an industry-leading facility at MediaCityUK, which also houses 200 digital companies and a broadcasting hub for the BBC and ITV.
- Recently opened student accommodation provides over 1,300 en-suite bedrooms, with facilities such as a cinema room, gym, games room, launderette and multiple social spaces.
- Opened in 2016,the Adelphi building is a £50 million state-of-the-art centre for teaching and research in digital, media, music performance, arts and design.
- New £3 million laboratory gives students the best possible experience by providing cutting edge technical equipment, including an AV system that allows lecturers to be linked visually and audibly with some or all of the interconnected labs.
- The University has a simulation suite for students of nursing and midwifery to face real-life scenarios in a safe and supported environment. Set up just like a hospital ward, the lab contains six full body human patient simulators that mimic everything from a cold to a major heart condition.
- For students in aeronautical engineering, the University has its very own aerodynamics laboratory and two different flight simulator to give students a practical experience of aircraft.
- Four gyms, a swimming pool, climbing wall, sports hall and a five-a-side soccer pitch.
- The Faith Centre based on the main campus provides space for students of all religions to worship, study and interact on a daily basis.
Awards & Achievements
- Winners of the Business School of the Year and Outstanding Contribution to Innovation and Technology at the Times Higher Education Awards 2014. The University is ranked 46th in the world and 6th in the UK for Architecture and the Built Environment by the QS World University Ranking 2016.
- The Sunday Times University Guide for 2015 undergraduate courses rates Accounting and Finance at Salford as first nationally in the ‘student satisfaction’ category.
- Teaching staff on the Civil Engineering course won the Institution of Structural Engineers Award for Excellence in Structural Engineering Education for the second time in 2015, making the University of Salford the only university to have won it twice.
- Students on all undergraduate Business courses have the opportunity to take a year’s placement as part of their course.
BSc Business & Management
- This course will provide students with the necessary skills to compete in today’s competitive global markets. They will gain a wide and varied business education, to prepare for opportunities across a range of managerial career.
- Opportunities for paid placements with leading global organisations.
- Choose second year and third year modules based on career aspirations.
- Prepare for a career in management.
- This course will introduce the theories and technologies that influence and shape the built environment, and will provide students with the necessary skills and knowledge for sustainable architectural design in a transforming digital era.
- Develop knowledge, skills and competencies using cutting edge digital tools and technologies.
- Field study visits form an important part of this course and may be organised in the UK and abroad.
- Gain ARB Part 1 (subject to prescription by ARB)
BSc Civil Engineering
- With an excellent reputation and strong links with industry, this course will put students in good stead to become successful professional Civil Engineers.
- Leads directly to Incorporated Engineer status
- Options to take an industrial placement year
- Salford teaching staff won the Institution of Structural Engineers Award for Excellence in Structural Engineering Education for the second time in 2015.
MSc International Business
- This course will allow students to develop an integrated and critically-aware understanding of the international activities of business organisations, at both the strategic and operational level.
- Strong industry links allow students to mix theory with practice, hearing from expert industry speakers.
- Benefit from a residential study week in Europe, giving students an invaluable insight into organisations and their activities in industrial sectors such as agriculture and tourism
- Prepares students to effectively develop and execute international business strategy and operations.
MSc Data Telecommunications & Networks
- Students will gain a comprehensive understanding of techniques used to transmit digital information, modern computer network design and operation, communication protocols and the importance of standards and regulatory issues.
- Based at the MediaCityUK campus.
- Links with industry. External speakers from blue-chip companies will give seminars to complement your learning – these will be real-world case studies related to chosen modules.
- Excellent career prospects – graduates with experience of computer network systems and digital communications are in demand in all industrial and commercial sectors.
The University of Salford