International Foundation Year
Find a course for: University of Salford
Download these results as:
About the University of Salford
Specialising in delivering industry-focused degrees, the University of Salford works closely with business and employers to ensure that its courses are relevant to the real world.
Why Choose The University of Salford?
- Enjoy the best of both worlds: the Peel-Park campus has state-of-the-art learning facilities and beautiful green spaces, and is just minutes away from the world-class city Manchester.
- Put your learning into practice with live projects, placements, go on field trips and hear from industry professionals.
- It is the only university with a campus at MediaCity, which is home to TV, digital and creative businesses including the BBC and ITV. This gives students the chance to use industry-leading facilities and collaborate with these businesses.
- Student accommodation includes Peel Park Quarter which was voted the second-best halls of residence in the UK in 2020 by Student Hut. It includes en-suite bedrooms, with facilities such as a cinema room, gym, games room, launderette and multiple social spaces.
- New £65 million Science, Engineering and Environment Building is a world-class, sustainable building featuring a wind tunnel, high-spec laser laboratories and is 100% electric.
- The New Adelphi building is a £50 million state-of-the-art centre for teaching and research in digital, media, music performance, arts and design.
- The Bodmer Laboratory gives science and wildlife students the best possible experience by providing cutting edge technical equipment, including an AV system that allows lecturers to be linked visually and audibly with some or all of the interconnected labs.
- The University has a Patient Simulation Suite for students of nursing and midwifery to face real-life scenarios in a safe and supported environment. Set up just like a hospital ward, the lab contains full body human patient simulators that mimic everything from a cold to a major heart condition.
- Engineering students can use the aerodynamics laboratory, two different flight simulators, The Maker Space complete with 3D laser cutters, vinyl cutters, and the Morson Engine Room with heavy-duty, industrial-grade machinery.
- Four gyms, a swimming pool, climbing wall, sports hall and a five-a-side soccer pitch.
- The Faith Centre based on the main campus provides a welcoming space for students and staff from all religions and none to worship, study and interact on a daily basis.
Awards & Achievements
- Winners of the Business School of the Year and Outstanding Contribution to Innovation and Technology at the Times Higher Education Awards 2014. The University is ranked 46th in the world and 6th in the UK for Architecture and the Built Environment by the QS World University Ranking 2016.
- The Sunday Times University Guide for 2015 undergraduate courses rates Accounting and Finance at Salford as first nationally in the ‘student satisfaction’ category.
- Teaching staff on the Civil Engineering course won the Institution of Structural Engineers Award for Excellence in Structural Engineering Education for the second time in 2015, making the University of Salford the only university to have won it twice.
- Students on all undergraduate Business courses have the opportunity to take a year’s placement as part of their course.
- Many courses are professionally accredited, by industry bodies such as The Chartered Management Institute, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, Royal Society of Biology, Small Business Charter, Institution of Mechanical Engineers to name just a few.
- Our Student Accommodation Peel Park Quarter – which was voted the second-best halls of residence in the UK in 2020 by Student Hut.
- We won three awards in the Educate North Awards 2020 including the Student Experience Award (University Sector for Salford Now and Quays News), External Relations Team of the Year Award, and the Business/Industry Collaboration (University Sector Award for our School of Health and Society’s partnership with the Northern Care Alliance
- The University of Salford Students’ Union was Highly Commended for its innovation, engagement, support and exceptional student experience at the Educate North Awards in 2021.
- 87% of our research impact in Architecture, Built Environment and Planning is world-leading or internationally excellent. (REF exercise, 2014).
- 80% of our research outputs in electrical and electronic engineering, metallurgy and materials are world-leading or internationally excellent (REF exercise, 2014).
- 100% of our impact in social work and social policy is world-leading or internationally excellent. (REF exercise, 2014).
The University of Salford offers a wide array of exciting degree courses with many being available for NCUK students to progress on to! Some of these popular courses includes:
- BSc Business and Management
- BSc (Hons) Architecture
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) Law
- BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- BSc (Hons) Nursing
- BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- BA (Hons) Digital Media and Extended Reality (XR)
Learn more about these degree courses as well as other options available at the University of Salford by visiting the university’s course finder.
We offer scholarships to students who progress onto our courses from NCUK. Find out more about our NCUK Scholarships.
University of Salford
University of Salford,
43 Crescent, Salford
M5 4WT, United Kingdom
Phone: +44 (0) 161 955 000
I'm enjoying my time at the University of Salford, I like doing sports such as swimming and lecturers help you to understand things that you have difficulty with.
University of Salford BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science
Unekwuojo Jesse Ufedo Osayi
My advice for current NCUK students would be to work hard and be diligent, the results will make you proud. NCUK provided me with skills and opportunities I will forever be grateful for.
University of Salford BSc (Hons) Business and Financial Management
Studying the NCUK Master's Preparation before coming to the UK prepared me for independent learning. I got advice about my dissertation and support with my application to university.
University of Salford MA TESOL & Applied Linguistics