Find a course for: University of Canterbury
Download these results as:
About the University of Canterbury
The University of Canterbury (UC) is a prestigious institution that is among the world’s top 1% of universities. We’re the first New Zealand university to receive the 5-Star QS rating for our internationally renowned research and teaching methods. With over 17,000 students representing 100 + nationalities on campus, and with 50% of our academic staff born overseas, you will be joining one of the most international universities in New Zealand.
The university offers over 120 undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications, across 150 subject areas and disciplines – from Accounting to Te Reo Māori. UC’s five colleges host world-leading academics in Business and Law, Engineering, Arts, Science and Education, Health and Human Development.
At UC, it’s about experiential learning – put paper into practice and immerse yourself in our local communities and industry; let your course take you to the Southern Alps or the International Dark Sky Reserve – this is your Canterbury classroom. We are a key research university in Australasia with 35 recognised centres across the globe, from Antarctica to Nigeria. UC is located in safe and stunning Christchurch – New Zealand’s newest city. Christchurch is urban living at it’s best, from city to sea to ski all in a day. Christchurch’s revival has innovation and sustainability at heart, leading the way into future-focused, high-tech industries for our graduates to be a part of.
Why Choose the University of Canterbury?
- UC – top 1% of universities worldwide
- 160 + student-run clubs
- 120 + qualifications
- 75 + Erskine Fellows and leading visiting academics
- 60 + partner universities in Asia, Europe, Australia and the Americas
- 35 + research centres
- Work-integrated learning
- State-of-the-art teaching hubs
- UC graduates develop 7 outstanding dimensions that will prepare you to change the world
- World-class destination: Christchurch is New Zealand’s most affordable city and the basecamp for South Island adventure
Awards and Achievements
- 5-Star QS rating for UC’s excellent research & teaching methods
- 35+ subjects the world’s top 250
- Top 3 in New Zealand for Research Intensity
- UC is the only New Zealand University to be a member of the AC21 Academic Consortium — 15 of the world is leading research universities
- Top 1% Engineering
- Engineering programmes at UC are accredited by Engineering New Zealand, which is a signatory to the Washington Accord – this means your degree is recognised internationally
- Triple Crown Accredited Business School
- UC Business School holds the gold standard ‘Triple Crown’ accreditation by AMBA, EQUIS, and AACSB, – fewer than 100 business schools worldwide hold the Triple Crown
- UC actively nurtures innovators and entrepreneurs. UC Centre for Entrepreneurship provides a range of opportunities to fast-track your entrepreneurial ideas
UC offers a range of scholarships, many of them recognising academic excellence or sporting achievement. Others have an emphasis on social inclusion and equality and are awarded based on financial need or other hardship. Click here to search UC scholarships available to you.
UC has a diverse range of study options offering over 120 qualifications in more than 150 different subject areas. Explore your study options here.
Ready to get started? Just follow the 7 easy steps to UC.
University of Canterbury
University of Canterbury,
20 Kirkwood Avenue,
Upper Riccarton, Christchurch,
Phone: +64 3 364 3443