International Foundation Year
Find a course for: University of Kent
Download these results as:
About the University of Kent
Kent is one of the UK’s leading universities and attracts many NCUK students each year, it is a global university with over 18,000 students from 152 countries studying across its two spacious UK campuses and specialist postgraduate centre in Paris. You will find a safe and welcoming environment at Kent as well as get outstanding teaching that exposes you to new ideas. You can access high-quality academic facilities including well-resourced libraries, plenty of study services and extensive wellbeing support services. Outside of the classroom, students can enjoy a range of activities, with more than 150 societies and sports clubs to choose from.
To support you during your studies, Kent’s generous scholarship fund includes awards for musical and sporting excellence and exclusive scholarships for international students.
Why Choose the University of Kent?
- A truly diverse international community – 40% of our academic staff are from overseas and our students represent over 150 nationalities
- 60 minutes from Canterbury and Medway to London by train
- Locations in Canterbury, Medway and Paris
- Generous scholarship fund
- Excellent study abroad and work placement opportunities
Awards and Achievements
- Kent Business School is part of the 1% of top global institutions to gain ‘Triple Crown’ accreditation
- In the most recent Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021, Kent was confirmed as a leading research university, with eight subjects ranked in the top ten for research quality and seven in the top 25. University academics are engaged in high-level research as well as teaching, meaning that you will study with some of the most influential thinkers in your field
Degrees at Kent Law School
- Recognised as one of the leading law schools in the UK, the School has an international reputation both for its world-leading research and for the high quality, innovative, critical and socio-legal education that it provides.Carefully designed and wide-ranging curriculum, an institutional commitment to teaching excellence, as well as extensive international links.
- In addition to offering a highly successful mooting programme and a variety of activities to prepare students for successful future careers, the Law School also houses a multi-award winning Law Clinic that offers students the opportunity to gain unparalleled experience of legal practice, enabling them to advise and represent clients under the supervision of qualified solicitors.
- The Kent electronic Law library, Lawlinks, is one of the best in the UK. All modules have their own websites and many of the lectures are recorded when given live and made available as MP3 files.
Kent School of Architecture
- Kent School of Architecture has a reputation for tackling global issues at a local scale, with many projects set in the south-east region. Through this work and open lecture programmes and events, the School continues to build links with the profession and the wider community. The School is also committed to the development of sustainable design and this is taught at all stages of the curriculum.
- Kent offers both the BA and MArch degree programmes, which together can lead to exemption from RIBA Part 1 and Part 2 examinations. Both offer multidisciplinary learning experiences, studying areas such as regeneration and sustainability, landscape, community and the quality of urban life, which equips students with the skills they need to practise in the profession.
BSc (Hons) Business Information Technology
- The degree focuses on the skills needed for the practical application of computing to areas typically found in industry. These include e-commerce, information systems and computer consultancy. It incorporates much of the degree course in Computing BSc but also includes business-oriented modules.
- The Kent IT Consultancy option offers students the opportunity to learn how to become an IT Consultant by providing computing support to local businesses while earning credits towards their degree.
- The School of Computing at Kent is an internationally recognised Centre of Excellence for programming education, with 95% of research judged to be of international quality.
BEng (Hons) Electronic and Computer Engineering
- Kent offers degree programmes teaching state-of-the-art technology, which means graduates can work at the forefront of all the major areas of Electronic Engineering.
- The School at Kent has strong links with the Royal Academy of Engineering and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET). Several visiting industrial professors contribute to the strong industrial relevance of the courses.
- Staff meet regularly with a team of senior industrialists to ensure that the course keeps up to date with industry.
BSc (Hons) Actuarial Science
- The BSc degree gives students the opportunity to gain the maximum possible exemptions from the professional exams set by the UK actuarial profession. Together with the MSc Applied Actuarial Science, Kent is one of the few universities in the UK to offer both degrees with full accreditation from the profession.
- Core modules on the degree are taught by professionally qualified actuaries with many years’ industry experience. The course offers an optional year in industry and the Invicta Actuarial Society at the university provides good links with industry.
- Employment prospects are good and students who have completed this course have also gone on to successful careers in other areas such as accountancy, banking or operational research.
BA (Hons) Sociology
- Sociology was ranked 1st for research quality in the Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022.
- This programme provides students with an understanding of core traditions and contemporary developments in sociological thinking and research.
- Kent’s School of Social Policy, Sociology and Social Research (SSPSSR) has consistently achieved the highest ratings for the quality of its teaching and research.
- Within the School, students are also encouraged to explore diverse areas such as social theory, terrorism, globalisation, the sociology of work, drugs, street culture and popular culture.
BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science
- The degree programme enables students to study the application of science to issues in the sport and exercise sciences and to gain the key skills needed to become an excellent practitioner within the sports, exercise and fitness industries.
- Students benefit from links with high-profile sports teams and bodies such as the RFU, English Institute of Sport, British Cycling and UK Sport, individual Olympians and Paralympians, and companies such as Science in Sport, as well as a range of community links.
- Equipment available to all students is second-to-none. New sports science laboratories, in the £11 million development at Medway Park, house a range of the latest sports science equipment, including an environmental chamber, an anti-gravity treadmill, 3D video analysis, ultrasound imaging, gait analysis and force pedals, in addition to teaching and student clinics, blood laboratories and a rehabilitation gymnasium.
Study in Paris
The University of Kent includes a campus in Paris which offers several Master’s degrees. For more information on studying with the University of Kent in Paris, please click here.
The University of Kent offers a wide range of scholarships including specific funding for international students such as their £3,000 International Scholarship for Undergraduate Students. Click here to find out more information about scholarships at the University of Kent.
University Course List
University of Kent
University of Kent,
Kent, CT2 7NZ,
Phone: +44 1227 823254 or +44 1227 824904
We have great teachers on my university degree and I like the style of teaching in the UK. The university's accommodation is excellent.
University of Kent LLB (Hons) Law
By studying with NCUK, I have been provided help and guidance which will help me enter not only my dream school but also my dream job.
University of Kent BSc Actuarial Science
A tip that I think would help other students settle in well at university would be to always meet your academic adviser if you have an academic problem rather than keeping it to yourself.
University of Kent BEng (Hons) Electronic and Communications Engineering