International Foundation Year
Find a course for: University of Leeds
Download these results as:
About the University of Leeds
Established in 1904, the University of Leeds is one of the UK’s largest universities, world-famous for its teaching and research and located in the heart of a vibrant, affordable and student-friendly city. Leeds is a member of the Russell Group, the UK’s top 24 research-led Universities, and is a world top-100 university (QS World University Rankings, 2022).
We are renowned for the quality of our learning, teaching and research and offer one of the widest ranges of degree choices in the UK. With a student population of over 38,000 from over 170 different countries, Leeds welcomes many NCUK students each year.
Why Choose the University of Leeds?
- Our single campus is a ten-minute walk from Leeds city centre, the 3rd biggest city in the UK and a thriving centre in the north of England for UK culture, history, music, sports and the arts.
- Leeds’ Students’ Union is one of the best in the country with more than 300 clubs and societies for students to join.
- We guarantee accommodation for international students for the duration of their studies with us (providing they apply by the deadlines).
- Leeds has 4 libraries on campus and a wide range of online materials available via the award-winning Virtual Learning Environment.
- We have committed £520m to campus developments.
- The Edge is our state-of-the-art fitness, sport and well-being facility, which includes a 25m eight-lane swimming pool and the largest fitness suite of any UK university.
- Our ‘Spark’ initiative offers business start-up support and we run an annual business plan competition with prizes of up to £2,000 for entrepreneurial students.
Awards & Achievements
- Leeds ranks 37th most international university in the world (Times Higher Education 2022)
- Leeds staff have been awarded 26 national teaching fellowships – more than any other university, reflecting the excellence of our teaching
- Leeds is ranked 52nd worldwide for employability (QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2022)
- Leeds ranks 15th in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021
- 5th most targeted university in the UK by graduate recruiters (Graduate Market in 2022)
Click here to find out about the scholarships that are available for international students who progress to the University of Leeds.
Find out more about life in the UK and at Leeds with current students via Link to Leeds! This team represents many different nationalities and degree courses, and you can email any of the ambassadors, follow them on social media, read their blogs, or take part in one of the regular live chats and webinars. Click here to talk to our Link to Leeds ambassadors and find out about upcoming events.
University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Woodhouse Lane, Leeds
LS2 9JT, United Kingdom
For any enquiries regarding NCUK and Leeds, please contact: email@example.com
David Wangaruro Ngechu
“The NCUK qualification helped me a lot, particularly with Maths and Microeconomics, the modules are very similar to the ones I am now studying at university.”
University of Leeds BEng (Hons) Mechatronics and Robotics
Leeds is one of the financial centres in the UK, which is always a good choice for business students as there will be more opportunities to visit and learn from successful enterprises.
University of Leeds BSc (Hons) International Business
Wa Shing Chung
I chose to study at the University of Leeds because its business related subjects are well-known in the industry. The ranking is quite high in a number of different ranking systems.
China (Hong Kong)
University of Leeds BA (Hons) Management with Marketing