International Foundation Year
About University of Reading
Founded in 1926 and placed among the UK’s top 30 universities in the QS World University Rankings, the University of Reading offers programmes from pre-degree and bachelors through to masters and PhD across the arts and humanities, social sciences and sciences.
Our areas of expertise range from the triple accredited Henley Business School to the world-renowned Department of Meteorology, which is at the forefront of work on climate change. The University’s main Whiteknights campus offers a multi award-winning environment in which to live and study.
Why Choose University of Reading?
- Outstanding reputation for teaching and research
- Excellent student services, including immigration advice, careers support and a full range of welfare resources
- 24 hour library
- Accommodation located on or nearby the campus
- Sports and recreational facilities
- A vibrant Students’ Union
- Scholarships available for all levels of study
- Pre-sessional English courses and Foundation/Pre-Masters available
- A dynamic environment that blends the best traditions of UK higher education with a focus on tackling the issues that affect society and humanity
Awards and Achievements
- Ranked in the Top 200 universities in the world (QS World University Rankings 2024)
- Joint 198th in the world and 26th in the UK (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2023)
- Ranked 31st in the UK (Complete University Guide 2023)
- The University of Reading has been honoured with the award, the highest national prize for a UK institution in higher and further education, on five separate occasions
- The University of Reading’s Whiteknights campus has been recognised as one of Britain’s top green spaces, winning a green flag award for the 12th year in a row
University of Reading offers a wide range of scholarships for international students.
University of Reading
Whiteknights House, Reading RG6 6UR
+44 (0)118 987 5123