International Foundation Year
About the University of Southampton Malaysia
The University of Southampton has a global reputation for academic excellence and is ranked 90th in the QS Global University Ranking. Southampton established a branch campus within the EduCity development in Iskandar Malaysia in 2011 to enable more students to experience its world-class education. University of Southampton Malaysia’s (UoSM’s) premier undergraduate MEng Mechanical Engineering, MEng Aeronautics & Astronautics and MEng Electrical & Electronic Engineering programmes allow students to study using some of the latest research facilities and equipment in the world and put the theory they learn into practise to deliver real results.
UoSM also offers BSc programmes in Computer Science Business Management and Accounting and Finance with the same content and quality as counterpart programmes at Southampton Business School. All programmes have been approved by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM). Degrees are awarded by the University of Southampton. In September 2021, UoSM welcomed students to its campus, part of EcoBotanic City in Iskandar Puteri, Johor. The multi-storey campus is built to accommodate up to 2,000 students and features state-of-the-art laboratories, learning and recreational spaces for an exceptional educational experience.
Why Choose the University of Southampton Malaysia?
- Value for money (save up to 70% of the cost of our UK-based programmes).
- Small group teaching (a high staff to student ratio).
- Excellent scholarship opportunities – our graduates have gone on to work for companies including General Electric, BP Rolls-Royce, Dyson, Panasonic, Intel, and Deloitte.
- Generous scholarship opportunities.
- Guaranteed accommodation (in Years 1, 3 and 4).
- Full visa support for the transition to the UK (and to Malaysia for international applicants).
Awards and Achievements
- Founding member of the Russell Group.
- Highest ranking UK university in Malaysia (90th in QS Global 2021).
- Top 10 in the UK for Engineering and Business (Guardian University Guide).
- 96% Employability rate.
If you are an international student thinking of studying at the university, you may be eligible for a scholarship. Please click here to view the scholarships available for international students.
University Course List
The university offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, please click here to view the full list of degree courses (please note that the 2021 version will be available by 31 October 2020. Prospectus can also be requested online here.
University of Southampton Malaysia
University of Southampton Malaysia,
Persiaran Canselor 1, Kota Ilmu Educity @ Iskandar,
Phone: +6012 213 4704