About St. George’s University (SGU)
St. George’s University has been providing the world with highly trained doctors for more than 40 years and has an extensive international network of over 18,000 MD alumni around the world. Our graduates have been licensed in all 50 US states and Canada and have practised in more than 50 countries around the world. We offer four-, five-, six-, and seven-year Doctor of Medicine (MD) programs to applicants from any education system around the world.
SGU has a large network of 70+ affiliated hospitals and health centers in the US and in the UK, and therefore all eligible students complete their clinical rotations in either of these two countries. The Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree SGU offers is an internationally recognized, postgraduate degree that is prevalent in the US and Canada, and recognized in many other countries including the UK.
Why Choose St. George’s University (SGU)?
- SGU is #1 provider of doctors into first-year US residencies for the last 11 years combined. Over 1,110 US residencies in 2020…and counting.*
- SGU has over 18,000 graduates in medicine who follow the philosophy of global education and apply their education at home and abroad.
- SGU international students—from 46 countries—had a 97% first-time pass rate on the USMLE Step 1 in 2019.**
- As part of their postgraduate training, SGU medical graduates complete a residency, which is additional training in a clinical setting such as a hospital or clinic.*Data as of September 2020**Data as of September 2020; includes non-US/permanent residents
University Awards and Achievements
- SGU is the #1 provider of new primary care physicians in the US.*
- 92% of eligible international (non-US) SGU 2020 graduates who applied for a postgraduate position in the US, obtained one at the time of graduation.**
- SGU graduates have practised at all Top 20 US Hospitals.***
- A full list of accreditations and approvals can be found on SGU website here
- SGU is the #1 provider of new primary care physicians in the US.**Data as of August 2019**Data as of September 2020. International graduates are non-US citizens or permanent residents.
***According to US News and World Report, 2020-2021
The University provides various bursaries: Academic and Humanitarian bursaries are available among many others.
St. George’s University (SGU)
St. George’s University,
St. George’s, Grenada,
Request further information