About St. George’s University (SGU)
Founded in 1976 with the goal of drawing the best talent and practices from around the world, St. George’s University (SGU) has become a leading center for academic excellence worldwide. With students and faculty drawn from more than 150 countries, SGU is truly an international institution, with a uniquely global perspective, perfectly poised to help educate students in this rapidly changing world.
St. George’s University School of Medicine has a four-year Doctor of Medicine degree program or offers five-, six-, and seven-year Medical Degree Pathways with entry points available for students from any education system around the world. SGU has a large network of 75+ affiliated hospitals and health centers in the US and UK and also has a unique opportunity for students to begin their medical career in Grenada, the United Kingdom, or India.
Why Choose St. George’s University (SGU)?
- SGU is the #1 provider of doctors into first-year US residencies for the last eight years. Over 950 US residencies in 2022. (Data as of March 2022)
- Students can start their medical career in Grenada, the UK, or India.
- SGU has contributed over 19,000 physicians to the global physician workforce, with students, graduates, and faculty from over 150 countries.
- 97% USMLE Step 1 pass rate for international first-time test takers over the last three years. (Based on the latest three years of available data: Average of 2018, 2019, and 2020 scores. International students are non-US students)
University Awards and Achievements
- SGU is the largest source of physicians licensed in the US—more than any other medical school in the world. (According to US News and World Report, 2021-2022)
- SGU has nearly as many international students as all US medical schools combined. (Data as of October 2020. International student enrollment in US medical schools = 1,294; SGU international student enrollment = 1,267. These numbers do not include US citizens or permanent residents.)
- SGU graduates have practiced at all US News and World Report Top 20 US Hospitals. (According to FSMB physician licensure data, 2020)
SGU offers partial-tuition needs-based bursary programs for international students.
St. George’s University (SGU)
St. George’s University,
St. George’s, Grenada,
Request further information