Find a course for: University of Huddersfield
Download these results as:
About the University of Huddersfield
The University of Huddersfield is an exciting, stimulating place to learn. As a growing centre of research and academic excellence, the university is always pushing the boundaries of knowledge. Choosing Huddersfield makes sense for international students as every year we welcome students from over 120 countries worldwide. They come because of the university’s academic reputation, the range of courses on offer, the quality of the teaching, the international student experience and their graduate employment rates.
Huddersfield is a friendly and student-cantered university. Most of the courses offer the opportunity to get involved with industry, from sponsored projects and guest lectures, to internships and work placements. Many of the full-time degree courses include the option of an internship where you will spend a year on a paid work placement gaining the skills employers are looking for as well as gaining (on average) a better degree classification. The university has placed students with many international companies around the world, including Microsoft, Panasonic, Ferrari, BMW, Bosch, Intel, Motorola and many more.
A continuing program of campus development (Huddersfield has spent nearly £160 million over the last ten years) ensures that you have access to some of the best facilities and equipment in the country. In addition to developing your academic abilities, Huddersfield has a dynamic, creative and cultural mix with a strong reputation for student safety. The international student societies allow you to meet other students from your country and to celebrate your culture on campus. A year-round campus events program enhances your UK student experience with food festivals, sports competitions and cultural visits.
Why choose The University of Huddersfield?
- One of the top 10 providers of paid work placement courses
- 100% of students undertake a professional work experience placement
- A £22.5 million Student Central Building proving a unique hub with easy access to library, computing, sports, leisure and social activities
- The £3 million Buckley Innovation Centre provides opportunities to engage in collaborative research and development projects with science and technology companies
- Huddersfield is a QS 4 stars university, with 5 stars (the maximum) for Employability, Teaching Excellence, Facilities, Internationalization and Access to the University.
- Huddersfield has been voted as outstanding by their students for the support offered to them in a well renowned international student survey (ISB, 2018).
- The university has a large range of student activities, including 58 different international societies ranging from the English Cultural Society through to the Vietnamese, Indian, Pakistani, Qatari, Nigerian, Scandinavian societies and many more.
- Choose to study at the University of Huddersfield and you’ll also benefit from their commitment to develop you as one of the outstanding professionals of the future.
Awards & Achievements
- Huddersfield is proud to have been recognised as a gold-rated university by the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
- Huddersfield won the first Global Teaching Excellence Award recognising the University’s commitment to world-class teaching and its success in developing students as independent learners and critical thinkers (Higher Education Academy, 2017).
- Huddersfield’s academic staff are continually rated as providing high quality teaching in an exciting and stimulating environment. In fact, Huddersfield is first in England for professionally qualified teaching staff (HESA 2018).
- Huddersfield has an impressive record for graduate employment, with 97.3% of their undergraduate and 93.8% of postgraduate students in work or further study six months after graduating (DLHE 2016/17).
- Times Higher Education University of the Year 2013
BA (Hons) Event Management
- Designed to allow for both academic and practical learning
- Opportunities to attend field trips, volunteer at events and also take a leading role in organising events to ensure a hands-on experience alongside the academic learning
- Taught by a team of lecturers who have years of experience in the industry and are experts
BA (Hons) Business Management
- Aims to develop those who want to be managers and leaders
- Opportunities to develop the key business management, leadership and decision making skills needed for today’s dynamic business environment
- Combining contemporary theory with real-world application, learning from leading academics and the cutting-edge expertise of our network of visiting business leaders
BSc (Hons) Economics
- This course provides an in-depth study of how markets, households and firms facilitate the allocation, distribution and utilisation of scarce resources in society
BA (Hons) International Business
- Opportunity to gain an in-depth exploration of issues affecting business with focus on the international market as well as developing understanding of international business.
- Chance to spend the third year abroad on placement working for an international company.
Huddersfield, HD1 3DH
+44 (0) 1484 472383