About the University of Alberta
The University of Alberta (UAlberta) in Edmonton is one of Canada’s top teaching and research universities, with an international reputation for excellence across the humanities, sciences, creative arts, business, engineering, and health sciences.
UAlberta offers close to 900 rigorous undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs in 18 faculties on five campuses—including one rural and one francophone campus. Over 38,000 students study at UAlberta, including over 7,000 international students from 148 countries.
International students see many benefits at UAlberta – including guaranteed on-campus housing (just apply by the deadline!), a tuition guarantee (students will know the total cost of their program, for standard programs), exclusive international student scholarships, and a dedicated support team.
There are more than 275,000 UAlberta alumni worldwide. The university and its people remain dedicated to the promise made in 1908 by founding president Henry Marshall Tory that knowledge shall be used for “uplifting the whole people.”
Why Choose the University of Alberta?
- Highly Ranked: UAlberta is a global top 100 University and one of the top five in Canada.
- International Student Scholarships: International students are recognized for academic and leadership achievements.
- Guaranteed tuition: UAlberta offers a tuition guarantee – the tuition for standard programs will not increase.
- Beautiful Campuses: Located in central Edmonton, a city of over one million people. Public transit easily connects students to shopping, culture, and dining from around the world!
- Work experience, work and study: Many faculties offer paid co-op or work experience programs, enabling students to obtain valuable work experience alongside their degree.
- A strong campus community: Over 450 student clubs and groups, combined with a very active Students’ Union means there are countless opportunities to get involved.
- Guaranteed on-campus housing: Incoming international students are guaranteed a place in one of UAlberta’s 13 on-campus housing options.
- Post-graduation Employment: University of Alberta graduates have among the highest post-graduation employment rate in Canada!
Awards and achievements
All major rankings bodies recognize the University of Alberta as one of the top 5 universities in Canada, and top 150 in the world. The QS Graduate Employability Rankings recognize the employment rate (and overall prospects) of UAlberta students as among the best in Canada and in the world. A full overview can be seen here.
The University of Alberta offers over $28 million every year in scholarships, awards, and funding. All international student scholarships and awards can be seen here.
University of Alberta
142 Telus Centre, 87 Ave & 111 St
University of Alberta Edmonton
T6G 2R3, Alberta, Canada