About the University of Alberta
The University of Alberta (U of A) in Edmonton is one of Canada’s top teaching and research universities, with an international reputation for excellence across the humanities, sciences, creative arts, business, engineering, and health sciences.
The U of A offers 200+ undergraduate programs and 500+ graduate and professional programs on five campuses—including one rural and one francophone campus. More than 40,000 students study at the U of A, including 7,000+ international students from 156 countries.
There are many benefits for international students studying at the U of A – including guaranteed on-campus housing (just apply by the deadline), a tuition guarantee (students will know the total cost of their degree programs), exclusive international student scholarships, and a dedicated support team. There are more than 300,000 alumni worldwide. The university and its people remain dedicated to the promise made in 1908 by founding president Henry Marshall Tory that knowledge shall be used for “uplifting the whole people.”
Why Choose the University of Alberta?
- Highly Ranked: The U of A is a global top 100 University and one of the top five in Canada.
- International Student Scholarships: International students are recognized for academic and leadership achievements.
- Guaranteed tuition: The U of A offers a tuition guarantee –of zero tuition increases during your degree program. the tuition for standard programs will not increase.
- Beautiful Campuses: The University of Alberta is a busy place and the fifth largest university in Canada — 38,000 students across 18 faculties at five separate campus locations — four in Edmonton and one in Camrose — plus other unique locations across the province.
- North Campus
Our original campus that blends the historic with cutting edge: University of Alberta’s North Campus is located in the province’s capital of Edmonton, on the edge of the North Saskatchewan River valley. It covers 50 city blocks, with abundant green spaces among its 150 buildings
- Campus Saint-Jean
The U of A en français — a one-of-a kind gem in the heart of Edmonton’s francophone community a short shuttle ride from the North Campus. Campus Saint-Jean offers degree programs in arts, commerce, education, engineering, science, nursing, and conservation and environmental sciences, as well as master’s programs in education and arts.
- Augustana Campus
Located in Camrose, Augustana Campus offers degree programs in the liberal arts and sciences in an intimate residential learning environment. Specializations include a signature outdoor education program, sport programs, and international study opportunities.
- North Campus
- Work experience, work and study: Many faculties offer paid co-op or work experience programs, enabling students to obtain valuable work experience during their degree program.
- A strong campus community: More than 450 student clubs and groups, and a very active campus life, means there are countless opportunities to get involved.
- Guaranteed on-campus housing: Incoming international students are guaranteed a place in one of the U of A’s 13 on-campus housing options.
- Post-graduation Employment: University of Alberta graduates have among the highest post-graduation employment rate in Canada.
Awards and Achievements
The U of A is one of the world’s top research universities — fourth in Canada and eighty-first in the world for research impact. The QS Graduate Employability Rankings recognize the employment rate (and overall prospects) of U of A students as among the best in Canada and in the world. A full overview can be seen here.
The University of Alberta offers over $34 million every year in scholarships, awards, and funding. International student scholarships and awards can be seen here.
University of Alberta
142 Telus Centre, 87 Ave & 111 St
University of Alberta Edmonton
T6G 2R3, Alberta, Canada